If it's purely an engineering challenge why bother designing yet another DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are things I’ve known throughout life that there is no explanation for.....maybe this is where some resolve a ‘higher power’ but I believe it’s just being in touch with your senses interpretation of actual reality. Or maybe It’s genetically ingrained knowledge?
There may be more going on with our senses than we are currently aware, and to dismiss that ‘feeling’ as delusion is a grave mistake for the human race. Imo of course

Joined 2014
Paid Member
seem to be just tootin your own horn.

There are things I’ve known throughout life that there is no explanation for.....maybe this is where some resolve a ‘higher power’ but I believe it’s just being in touch with your senses interpretation of actual reality.

And is this not tootin your horn? :p

BTW don't forget that as humans we have somewhere between 17 and 25 senses.

There are things I’ve known throughout life that there is no explanation for.....maybe this is where some resolve a ‘higher power’ but I believe it’s just being in touch with your senses interpretation of actual reality. Or maybe It’s genetically ingrained knowledge?
There may be more going on with our senses than we are currently aware, and to dismiss that ‘feeling’ as delusion is a grave mistake for the human race. Imo of course

I have never associated feeling with delusion. I have also never stated that your senses interpret reality - or what you term "actual reality". You perceive reality as a means of predicting the future, based upon inputs from your senses and your prior acquired cognitive knowledge, where often surprisingly little is actually established from your senses. Feeling is another subject altogether.

Matt, Standardization is fine as long as you acknowledge there are ‘some’ better ‘some’ worse on each end. It is not everyone......there are ‘some’ superior subjects in anything , whether the inferior like it or not. Knowing your strengths and nurturing them is beneficial to all in the long run.

again, imo

Soundbloke, If our senses don’t interpret reality then what does? Today it’s really windy, cool, sunny outside.

Whether I was taught labels as such I would still know, because my hair is moving, there is a distinct chill to my exposed skin, and it’s very bright.....blindingly so when staring directly at the source.

Last edited:
If soundbloke did have any agenda it would be trying to open the minds of a few by getting them to test, with suitable scientific method, if they can hear what they claim they can hear.
Portraying those who don't accept a position as measurement phobic is a tired red herring. See the 'Ap' icon in my last measurement posts.
Many of the counter arguments presented were declarations without supporting demonstration. Having played this game since Usenet was the Internet the shine is gone. At day's end it seems reasonable that sufficient recreation of an auditory event means replicating the vibration of air molecules at the ear drum. All these additional intellectual abstractions in pursuit of an ill-defined perfection of an idealized event are just unproductive semantic fun.

Matt, Standardization is fine as long as you acknowledge there are ‘some’ better ‘some’ worse on each end. It is not everyone......there are ‘some’ superior subjects in anything , whether the inferior like it or not. Knowing your strengths and nurturing them is beneficial to all in the long run.

again, imo

TBH I don't want to be any worse at being deluded there is a whole orchestra inside my speakers, am I missing something? ;)

Bob, you have said it well, and all alone, it seems. Well, I am with you on this.
I know that I, also, am thought to be 'deluded' because I openly state what I have heard regarding differences in audio reproduction. But that is my 'reality', and I will rely on it, if it seems to work out for myself and many others. Of course, I could be completely off, yet I have been so successful for the last 50 years, acting on my opinions, rather than being 'turned off' by some critic and even failing some trumped up test, to 'prove' that I cannot hear any real differences in audio reproduction. I have to accept that I could make a mistake, and I am pretty sure that I have made a few, perhaps trusting some people who are really out there to make a few bucks by fooling people with audio 'tweaks', when I realized that I should not have, but I will not deny my own personal senses that show me audio differences, yet there is no conventional explanation.
Keep on truckin' Bob, and know that you are not alone.

I know that I, also, am thought to be 'deluded' because I openly state what I have heard regarding differences in audio reproduction.

I have never said that. I have said that you could be deluded.

But that is my 'reality'

No, it is your perception of reality.

...it seems to work out for myself and many others. Of course, I could be completely off, yet I have been so successful for the last 50 years, acting on my opinions, rather than being 'turned off' by some critic and even failing some trumped up test, to 'prove' that I cannot hear any real differences in audio reproduction. I have to accept that I could make a mistake, and I am pretty sure that I have made a few, perhaps trusting some people who are really out there to make a few bucks by fooling people with audio 'tweaks', when I realized that I should not have, but I will not deny my own personal senses that show me audio differences, yet there is no conventional explanation.

The admission of fallibility is welcome, but maybe you could answer the previous questions I asked concerning your contributions here? Or is this response an acceptance that Bybees are nonsense for example?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.