If it's purely an engineering challenge why bother designing yet another DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of course, I 'could' be deluded about Bybee devices, but I have tested my reality, and I do NOT believe that I am deluded about Bybee devices. I have heard too much evidence supporting their ability to change the sound quality, for better or worse (in some cases) to change my opinion on them.

Of course, I 'could' be deluded about Bybee devices, but I have tested my reality, and I do NOT believe that I am deluded about Bybee devices. I have heard too much evidence supporting their ability to change the sound quality, for better or worse (in some cases) to change my opinion on them.

Again it is not your reality that you have "tested", but your perception of reality which we do not know if it is deluded or not. All credible evidence says that Bybees are nonsense and you (like all the people that have influenced your opinion) are deluded.

And related to that, I repeat a previous musing... How does one who prides themselves on their hearing abilities ever admit to like respondents that they cannot here something - at least not without conceding their hearing is not so special after all?

There can't be much better proof than that to support my contributions to this thread.

OK so here's a Bybee device that come with claims of universal improvement of anything including medical devices just by being in their presence.

Notice the carefully cut pieces of card stock and copper foil. There is a piece of foil removed to expose the "secret sauce" carefully coated between two pieces of it forming "wings" polarized by a coin cell. The coin cell is glued into a depression with hot melt or something similar, no socket (not replaceable) relying on simple pressure for contact.

MSRP $125 says it all, I paid out of my own pocket I guess the warrantee is void.

Attachments

• bybee.jpg
    bybee.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 109
Portraying those who don't accept a position as measurement phobic is a tired red herring. See the 'Ap' icon in my last measurement posts.
Many of the counter arguments presented were declarations without supporting demonstration. Having played this game since Usenet was the Internet the shine is gone. At day's end it seems reasonable that sufficient recreation of an auditory event means replicating the vibration of air molecules at the ear drum. All these additional intellectual abstractions in pursuit of an ill-defined perfection of an idealized event are just unproductive semantic fun.

I never said they were measurement phobic. Maybe they are making measurements all day long to make sure things are working as intended. Measurements are fine for that. What they don't want to do though is devise a test to see if they are actually capable of hearing what they claim they can hear. Why? Because they want, maybe even need, to believe that they can hear these things because without that belief their relationship with audio would be reduced down to nothing more than a lie.

They want to be in that deluded fantasy because it brings them pleasure. Nothing wrong with that humans have been doing similar things since we've been capable of doing so. But it's still a fantasy.

That bybee is amusing Scott. I've got a coin cell in my calculator that spends it's time in my listening room. Do you think I've been getting the bybee goodness for all these years without even needing to do anything/buy one?

What extraordinary claims?

other than that idiotic thing Scottw posted

The bybee units that are inserted line or speaker level are going to change the sound, whether or not it’s perceived as better to that individual (jc even admitted that) is more than likely system/room dependent. Are they worth it? They are not in my budget, I’d much rather put money into something more adjustable like dsp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.