IDS-25 stalker:IDS-24T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I listened to the Polk system many years ago ( 80's). The soundstage expanded a lot, as if the walls disappeared. The hifi store had a lot of visitors during the many demos. There may, of course, be some downsides too. But this is highly reversible.( on/ off). It is however easy to test this with a second amp and separate tiny speakers. The volume should be a bit lower for the second system.

You can play with the content that these speakers get, as well as their timing.
I've done something similar without adding extra speakers (IR manipulation) but changed back to something I've been using for a long time. That would be mid/side EQ, it has a similar effect of freeing up the music. I can actually steer it wherever I want it, but it isn't easy to know where it should be. In other words, it takes time.

Curtainly a certain solution (or opposite)

My first attempt to fasten the woven cords was by means of knots on screw heads. That was rather ugly. I found some curtain slide rails in my garage.
After some sawing, hole drilling and painting:

Attachments

• gardinskinne.jpg
    gardinskinne.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 92
  • gardinskinne 2.jpg
    gardinskinne 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 94
  • gardinskinne 3.jpg
    gardinskinne 3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 92
Thank you Wesayso.
The sims & wiring in nc535's thread is very interesting.
However, the internal wires in my column is drowned in a closed gutter with latex compound. Reversing this will demand a tear down of the rear wall.
I got two labyrinth boxes for single TC9FD-18-08's that I intend to use as Polk SDA simulators (reverse channels in reverse phase some dB under main speakers volume).
If I should make another column now (a 6th) I would implement both cardiode, f-dependent shading, directional phasing and cross talk cancelling together with servo subs.
Such effort is anyhow wasted as long as I do not build a new adapted living room.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.