• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal Bridge second GB

I have installed one bridge to my DAC LCLC raw power supply.
It works fine, very low voltage drop!

Do you recommand a clever way of mounting it when not on a PCB?
I have sandwiched all edges with plastic standoffs and nuts.

Cannot comment on sound for the moment.

I have installed one bridge to my DAC LCLC raw power supply.
It works fine, very low voltage drop!

Do you recommand a clever way of mounting it when not on a PCB?
I have sandwiched all edges with plastic standoffs and nuts.

Cannot comment on sound for the moment.

Hello,

Up to 20A, Saligny Standard will not dissipate any heat, so there is no need to mount on a heatsink. Pin distance is standard like a low voltage diode bridge.
It will stay very well with the pins provided by default.
If your equipment need higher current and is vibration prone, than Saligny HC is more adequate.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
is there any technical data available regarding the "Saligny HC"
(can not find on your homepage We make electronics ! – Evotronix SRL )

it's about the maximum Voltage it can take ?
(maybe it can be found here in the forum)

What I am looking for is an ideal diode bridge with:
- 40A continuous (80A peak)
- capable to "produce" +/-100V DC rails
- either with centre tapped transformer OR with 2 separate secondary windings
- can be very big an bulky with big through hole FETs (lowest Rds)

Do you have such a model ?
What max. voltage must the FETs be rated to be able to "produce" +/-100V DC rails ? (200V ?)
can the used AUIRS1170S handle that voltage ?

Edit:
(may be you can think of second kind of "DIY full kit" based on 4x AUIRS1170S" and the user may choose his own FETs (THT) that are suited for his needs ?)

Last edited:
Saligny HV can be modified to handle 40A continuous at +/-100Vdc or 200Vdc output.
High performance mosfet need to be selected for such, but is possible and will work with minimum power dissipation.

Saligny HC will work up to ~40vac.

There is trade between high-voltage and low Rdson. And another trade between high current and low charge-gate.
If high voltage is required, than Rdson will increase and the mosfet price increase.
If high-current is required, than Qg will increase. A low Qg mean special mosfet and more money.
If you want low Rdson (meaning high current), low Qg (meaning easy to drive) and high Rds (meaning high voltage), your pocket must wide open. :)
Contact me by mail, if you are ... open ... ;-)

Regards,
Tibi

Today I have shipped last order from this second Group Buy.
Many thanks to all who have been brave enough to subscribe and offer a change to this new product. ! :worship:

I'm preparing a dual diode rectifier up to 1200Vdc output. This may replace any high voltage tube rectifier and IMHO sonic improvement worth the money.
I'm testing this with SIT transistors and the performance is over the top. SIT transistors at high voltage are not cheap and same is the price of this rectifier. :-(
However, I would like to know who is interested in such. I'll announce price later. :D

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
I'm interested in the double diode replacement for center tapped tube rectifier and also in single diode replacement, because i use some voltage doubler circuit where single diodes can be used only.
1200Vdc and 0,5A continuous current is enough for everything, peak current shall be a bit higher to calculate with the startup capacitor charging.
For the single diode 500Vdc and 0,5A would be appropriate with some margin in startup.