• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Thanks Tibi. So a few more weeks for any stragglers to sign-up to the GB. I'll bump it occasionally.

Here's where we are;

GB for Saligny HV:

nautibuoy - 2 Saligny HV
Jazid - 2 Saligny HV
ste - 1 Saligny HV
Luca72c - 3 Saligny HV
Rinman77 - 4 Saligny HV
merlin el mago - 1 Saligny HV
nightsky -2 Saligny HV
s610adam - 4 Saligny HV

Total = 19

and here's a link to some additional information for anyone who might be interested;

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/333844-ideal-bridge-rectifier-gb-33.html#post5992991

Last edited:
Hello Tvicol, please be patient: before i make some seriuos mistake, can you please confirm that a transformer with a center tap obtained as shown in the attachment below (with V=36V), can be used for Saligny HV?
Center tap.gif
And that it can be used in the PSU shown in the attachment below, to obtain a positive 0 +50V branch and a negative 0 -50V branch?
PSU.gif
Transformer's power will be 500VA total...
Many thanks!

Hello Tvicol, please be patient: before i make some seriuos mistake, can you please confirm that a transformer with a center tap obtained as shown in the attachment below (with V=36V), can be used for Saligny HV?
View attachment 808297
And that it can be used in the PSU shown in the attachment below, to obtain a positive 0 +50V branch and a negative 0 -50V branch?
View attachment 808302
Transformer's power will be 500VA total...
Many thanks!

No reply? Maybe the rules of compatibility between LT4320 and CT transformers are not so clear? :confused:

Last edited:

Nope, you circuit will blow up. You need a transformer with independent secondaries, not a center tap. You can easily reach your desired voltage with the normal 4320 connection using the proper transformer. It is possible to convert a center tapped toroidal for such use with a little surgery.

Nope, you circuit will blow up. You need a transformer with independent secondaries, not a center tap. You can easily reach your desired voltage with the normal 4320 connection using the proper transformer. It is possible to convert a center tapped toroidal for such use with a little surgery.

That"s quite difficult to understand. I actually use a normal CT transformer in that circuit BUT using normal diodes and it works ok.
Saligny HV should work ok as - transformer side - the configuration is the same depicted in schematic nr. 1 of Tvicol image in post 271.
So the problem is in output side? Then another limitation for LT4320 not yet stated?
Obviously, using 4 Salignys instead of 2 would be more expensive, is it really needed or just a precaution because real use working configurations are not clear yet?

the configuration is the same depicted in schematic nr. 1 of Tvicol image in post 271.

Тhat circuit will blow up a 4320 in a datasheet connection immediately. As the HV circuit is secret i can only speculate, but with a 95% certainty it will also blow up.

If the phasing of one of the transformer's secondaries is swapped, the 4320 will work fine as a half-wave rectifier.

Perhaps it is a good idea to start a non-commercial thread about the LT4320, but of course people are a lot more interested in buying stuff, than learning how stuff works :rolleyes:

Тhat circuit will blow up a 4320 in a datasheet connection immediately. As the HV circuit is secret i can only speculate, but with a 95% certainty it will also blow up.

If the phasing of one of the transformer's secondaries is swapped, the 4320 will work fine as a half-wave rectifier.

Transformer secondaries are already separate in the transformer in my post 348, so i can connect them to create a center tap the way i want. BUT Tvicol himself, after many pages of questions and misunderstandings, said (and depicted in a schematic) that the right way (for Saligny) to connect secondaries in a center tap is the way i posted (in facts, in my image in post 348 the reverse phase winding from the first secondary and the phase winding from the second secondary are joined to create a center tap), then i thought we finally had come to something sure. Now you say that's not the right way?
I think it's time, in this thread, to be really clear and to state one time for all if a single Saligny can be used with a center tapped transformer and HOW. If this can be done, please give us clear and comprehensive instructions instead of laconic phrases that never cover the whole matter...
Saying to use 2 Salignys to be sure is a way of avoiding to do what is absolutely normal in a GB: simply list (comprehensively) what is allowed and what is not with the device that is sold and explain WHY

Last edited:
Post 348 illustrates the general way a center tap is derived in all 3-terminal center tapped transformers. Guaranteed sparks. There are two working options:

1. Separate secondary windings, each feeding its own board. Works perfectly and provides the equivalent to two bridge rectifiers.

2. Synphase center tap. Works with one board but only 2 of the "diodes" are operational. Half wave rectification. Based on sound it is my preferred choice but of course as a half wave rectifier it has some technical shortcomings.

How exactly the HV version behaves i have no clue. It is entirely Tvicol's original idea. I see no way it could possibly work with the connection from post 348 but of course i cannot be certain. Not sure if there any such boards already in the field, or they are still being developed.

Post 348 illustrates the general way a center tap is derived in all 3-terminal center tapped transformers. Guaranteed sparks.

Ok, what you write makes me understand where the misunderstanding is: the image in post 348 is not clear.
It should show a transformer with 2 separate secondaries, tied together in the centre ("in series") and the resulting tied winding is the centre tap. You can understand better what it should depict if you read the following page (originally linked by Tvicol) where i picked it up, at the end ("Center tap transformer using a dual voltage transformer"): https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/transformer/multiple-winding-transformers.html. I could have used the pic in the chapter "Series connected secondary transformer", but i didn't, as it shows series connected primaries too and that's not my case.
So, to be even clearer, what i want to do is the following: take a transformer with 2x36Vac separate secondaries; join the antiphase winding of secondary n. 1 to the phase winding of secondary n. 2 to obtain a center tap; thus having a +36Vac and a -36Vac windings in phase and a 0V center tap. This should be exactly what Tvicol illustrates in the first schematic of the pic from his post 271.

I would use this transformer in the circuit depicted in the second image in my post 348.
Now that i hope my case is more clear: will Saligny HV work with that transformer? And will the whole thing work in that circuit?

Ok, what you write makes me understand where the misunderstanding is: the image in post 348 is not clear.
It should show a transformer with 2 separate secondaries, tied together in the centre ("in series") and the resulting tied winding is the centre tap. You can understand better what it should depict if you read the following page (originally linked by Tvicol) where i picked it up, at the end ("Center tap transformer using a dual voltage transformer"): https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/transformer/multiple-winding-transformers.html. I could have used the pic in the chapter "Series connected secondary transformer", but i didn't, as it shows series connected primaries too and that's not my case.
So, to be even clearer, what i want to do is the following: take a transformer with 2x36Vac separate secondaries; join the antiphase winding of secondary n. 1 to the phase winding of secondary n. 2 to obtain a center tap; thus having a +36Vac and a -36Vac windings in phase and a 0V center tap. This should be exactly what Tvicol illustrates in the first schematic of the pic from his post 271.

I would use this transformer in the circuit depicted in the second image in my post 348.
Now that i hope my case is more clear: will Saligny HV work with that transformer? And will the whole thing work in that circuit?

Tvicol, the further explanation i posted makes things clearer for you? Do you think that my configuration would allow using a single Saligny HV per transformer?