• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

The fifopi has two clocks. The table for group 1 is for the clock that handles 44.1k and DSD. 44.1k is the old redbook CD rate.
Looks like your Dac can do a max of DSD128
For DSD128, you need at least a 11.2896 MHz clock, but you can go faster. If you get a new dac that does DSD256, you would need a 22.5792. I would get either that one, or the 45.1584.

For 48Khz and multiples of based material, you need to look at the group 2 clock. That's your 384Khz part of this. For that, you will need a 49.1520 MHz clock.

I only use the first clock, I don't listen to any material that is 48 or 96k or higher, so I only worried about one clock.

Thank you for explaining that, I think I will go the 45 and 49, I am wondering if anyone has asked Ian to sell them a board that has upgraded clocks fitted, I know these things are a bargain but its an opportunity for him to make some money!

Hi, guys, I can't get any sound out of the following : Volumio ,PI4 , Fifopi, Hdmipi send and receive connected to my ak4495 dac. All switches left in default position, power to the Fifopi by Allo Shanti , mclck connected between fifopi and hdmi pi. All lights on all boards are lighting up but so far non sound.
Help! please.

Hi, guys, I can't get any sound out of the following : Volumio ,PI4 , Fifopi, Hdmipi send and receive connected to my ak4495 dac. All switches left in default position, power to the Fifopi by Allo Shanti , mclck connected between fifopi and hdmi pi. All lights on all boards are lighting up but so far non sound.
Help! please.

@ozcal,

Do you have an ESS controller? If yes,you can use it to debug your system. Replace the HDMIpi with the ESS controller in your system. Put the ESS controller in analyzer mode by holding the knob for more than 3s after power up. Let me know what shows on the OLED when play and stop music?

Regards,
Ian

@ozcal,

Do you have an ESS controller? If yes,you can use it to debug your system. Replace the HDMIpi with the ESS controller in your system. Put the ESS controller in analyzer mode by holding the knob for more than 3s after power up. Let me know what shows on the OLED when play and stop music?

Regards,
Ian

Hi Ian , I don't have the controller, unfortunately.

I have I2S FifoII + isolator + Dual XO 2 clocks board in my DAC. The streamer is connected via spdif interface board. The setup was built in 2015.
Now I am thinking about trying Raspberry Pi board.
I wonder if I can connect Raspberry with my current Fifo without hassle?
I wonder if I need to upgrade to a current version designed for Raspberry? Or should I need to upgrade Fifo in general? Any perfections done to fifo idea since 2015? Can you advise, please? Or maybe I can find this kind of info in Documentation?

Last edited:
@ozcal,

Regards,
Ian

Replugged all the modules and changed input settings on the dac board and now have a working setup. Thanks Ian.

I have I2S FifoII + isolator + Dual XO 2 clocks board in my DAC. The streamer is connected via spdif interface board. The setup was built in 2015.
Now I am thinking about trying Raspberry Pi board.
I wonder if I can connect Raspberry with my current Fifo without hassle?
I wonder if I need to upgrade to a current version designed for Raspberry? Or should I need to upgrade Fifo in general? Any perfections done to fifo idea since 2015? Can you advise, please? Or maybe I can find this kind of info in Documentation?

To make RPi working with your current system, you just need a RPi I2S adapter board:).

Ian

To make RPi working with your current system, you just need a RPi I2S adapter board:).

Hi Ian,

Does this apply to the original fifo as well? I have fifo I with dual xo and spdif output. All i need is the rpi isolator i2s? Please confirm.

Thanks

Tubo

Yes, you only need the IsolatorPi II.
It's a much better option than just a RPi I2S adapter.

Regards,
Ian

Guys,
Maybe some could help me triage my problem:
I got dual 9038q2m board + ess controller + toslink receiver. Everything is on default settings.
When I connect Chromecast Audio via toslink then:
LockL and LockR is red. Power is green.
However on controller display it say No Signal ...
Firmware version is 1.0.0
Anyone can help please?

Can I get some advice with spdif input into the dual mono dac please?
I have Rpi3b>iso v2> dual mono dac> ivstd.

Have added an optical spdif receiver to the dac. How do I listen to this input?

Thanks

If you really want to use the on-board spdif, you need:

1. Connect the three pins of your opt receive to the dual mono dac.

2. Disable the auto-mute function on the ESS controller

3. Plug the OPT cable and play music.

Ian