• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

There is a lot here, I'm trying to understand the various options. I'm planning to get the dual dac and the transformer I/V (which matches my current dac which I love ). I'm planning to get the FiFoPi, although I'm not sure of how much improvement that will make.

I'm toying with buying the LiPo supply, but I tend to leave my DAC on all the time. It sounds like I have to turn it off to make the batteries charge. I am looking for a streamer that stays on all the time, and it's unclear to me that this supply supports that.

So is the FiFoPi worth it? IS the lipo supply a useful thing for 100% on application?

thanks,
Sheldon

There is a lot here, I'm trying to understand the various options. I'm planning to get the dual dac and the transformer I/V (which matches my current dac which I love ). I'm planning to get the FiFoPi, although I'm not sure of how much improvement that will make.

I'm toying with buying the LiPo supply, but I tend to leave my DAC on all the time. It sounds like I have to turn it off to make the batteries charge. I am looking for a streamer that stays on all the time, and it's unclear to me that this supply supports that.

So is the FiFoPi worth it? IS the lipo supply a useful thing for 100% on application?

thanks,
Sheldon

Of course fifopi is very worth buying, it is an epoch-making product. Fifopi completely solved the problem of pi itself, but you have to use a good enough clock, at least cchd-957.

thanks,
Sheldon

LiPo supply is a bit more complicated to use. If you are not familiar with DIY, it is not recommended to buy it.

Sheldon was building dacs when some members here were in diapers. He's game:)

LOL! :) Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I built my first DAC in 1993. It was written up in Positive Feedback Magazine (back when it was print). PCM63's feeding a tube output stage with passive I/V. Still sounds reasonable given that it's so old.

It appears that the LiPo supply needs to turn off to charge it, so to use that supply, it requires a bit of hand holding. I'm looking for a set it and forget it sort of experience with this component. It's going to replace my airport express and DAC (Sheldon’s World >> Blog Archive >> Another Audio Digital-to-Analog (DAC) is Born) in my shop. I do most of my listening in the shop while I rebuild Quads.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
The FifoPi has two inputs for powersupplies : one is to feed the isolated side towards the Rpi and the Rpi itself. The second is to feed the isolated side and the embeded clock towards a dac hat and this dac hat as well.
So if your dac hat was powered through the Rpi: there is no problem at all.

You should read the manual : the only thing you have to respect is the spec of the powersupplies : 5v/3A or more for the Rpi side and 5V for the other input of the FiFopi as well. This last should need less current, imo 1A may suffice but again read the manuals to be sure.

regards

Edit: Seems indeed one 2" uf-l cable is provided with the FifoPi... but I'm not sure about it as well.

GB2019 starts to delivery

Hi guys,

Thank you so much. I'm busy processing GB2019 orders.

Many were shipped yesterday. More shipment will be on Monday. Tracking numbers were updated to your Paypal once packages are shipped.

If you get confirmation email from Paypal, that means I received your payment.So, no worry at all.

Processing your order may take a couple of days. But I'll try may best to make it as fast and safe as possible.

Please send email to me if you have any question. Don't forget including your order number in your email if your have, it will help me finding your files faster.

Good weekend.
Ian

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I/V std board advices please

Manual is talking about opa1612 (soic) oap and also opa1611 (vson package, scared...) for buffer as an improvement.
What are the other soic/dip oaps compatible with the I/V board passive parts please ?

LM49xx family ? Have anyone experience about the best oaps for that i/v task which are compatible with the board layout? In order to avoid oscillations for instance with some too fast one or some not suited for dil 8 adaptator decoupling... Could be very usefull for non experienced members to avoid bad purchases.

Btw, could we use this board (with some diy) with other dac chips having current outputs ?

regards