I tried the eBay MX50 DIY Kit, Class AB 100W+100W; Worked but problem

I used Nippon,i don't remember the series,i changed the first power supply electrolytic with 470uf ones ,the feedback electrolytic with 220uf.Also changed the crap input MKP? with 2.2uf MKT.Must change all the electrolytics on the board!

Attachments

• MX50X2.jpg
    MX50X2.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 97
@odisy what brands and models of capacitors do you plan to use?
I understand that DIYER likes to change his personality on his own.
But you have to believe it. I understand capacitors very well. In fact, you don't need to replace the capacitor. Because the capacitor you may have replaced is not as good as the original one. I know models with over a thousand capacitors. Rest assured to use.
Of course, if you have too idle time. You can DIY play.
After all, this is DIY. I suggest not changing it. Of course, I am not opposed to changing these capacitors.
In fact, DIY KIT was paired with SAMYOUNG LOW ESR
capacitor. It's very good. Belonging to NIPPON CHEMICON

Hello mr Ljm,nice to discuss with you,SAMYOUNG LOW ESR with 2000 hours lifetime,so i have to change them every 2 years!I would like to see your boards with the option of disconnect the signal ground from the power ground,it's not the right point to connect them on amplifier board,increase the distortion.In my opinion the mx50x2 is the best amplifier,the new one is not as musical (less hormonics) but is more stable.

I would probably order and replace the 2SC5200 with a TTC5200 bought from Digikey or some reputed seller and not eBay.

The reason I commented was after seeing the 5200’s mounted on the board in the above pics having different marking style, which would not change even if the plant where the transistors were made are different.
Do you have a reference link to compare the 2SC5200??

Don’t have links but if you see the way those devices are marked they do not look correct when I m comparing it to my ST TIP3055 bought on RS.

And ST I think have obsoleted sc5200.
The way ST TIP3055 is labeled versus 2SC5200 is not proof.

Of course the 2SC5200 is obsolete, and we can say that this clone of the x-a50 is obsolete too, but I don't care because the musicality of the MX50X2 is really to my taste.

Pretty much anything xx3055 is ancient (50 years old) compared to xx5200 (10 years old). 3055s are 10 times slower, and 30% the voltage rating, .... ST "obsoleted" just means they quit making them, but that does not mean that other brands 5200 parts are obsolete.
I ST and OnSemi still makes TIP3055, and is an active product very much.
I am using them on Elvee’s circlophone - Class AA and they sound pretty nice.

Also 5200 are nearly 15 years old IIRC.