Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, at that same show, both designers told me, each independent of the other, the primary parameter determining performance is TID, and both claim to have vanishingly low TID compared to industry averages.

Interesting to hear, considering TID/SID is a non-issue in modern, properly designed amplifiers. Not just not audible, but actually non-existent - the conditions under which you get TID and SID are well understood and easily avoided.

In bridging 2xnc400, it will become 600W into 8 ohms.
That does not make it into or similar to nc1200 (which is 400w into 8 ohms).

Is it possible to "sort of bridge" 2xnc400 into 400w into 8ohms instead ??
making the max current into 24A+24A ??

No. But even if you could, you wouldn't gain anything. A single nc400 can drive more than enough current for a 8-ohm load. At 400W, a 8-ohm load only needs 7 A.

Ohm's law still applies, even with class D.

Exactly, and if you really need 1200W then it has got to be a sub, and when you have a sub and need much more power then you might as well just get the UcD2k instead.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I was so embarrassed because i had not wired my speakon connectors correctly :)

Now they play nicely - just tested for the first couple of minutes,. Arvo Pärt / Alina does the honor.
So OK, i can do an internal J9 hookup - good - thank!

//

edit - added the picture...

Attachments

• n4s6.jpg
    n4s6.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Evaluation setup :-D

On a more serious note, I'd like to avoid a metallic case... see if something like this cut it?

//

Attachments

• _MG_7688.jpg
    _MG_7688.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 332
  • _MG_7698.jpg
    _MG_7698.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 327
  • _MG_7696.jpg
    _MG_7696.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have built the headphone amp (BAl-BAL) and tried to use it as a output stage to my D/A - but I'm afraid it did not sound enough clean and resolved. It measured wonderful but unfortunately in the end it was not transparent enough for me. This was auditioned in a system using MBL speakers.

//

Status
Not open for further replies.