• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm really not sure why a DIYer would even look at the Hypex Ncore. If you are building subwoofers or such like then maybe you do indeed find Hypex's direct sale products interesting. But if you are into DIY amp building - i.e. you get a kick out of the actual process of building an amp from scratch - then there are far better amps to build than the NC400. If you are drawn to DIY simply because of the price point then you ought to be ecstatic that "sell direct" companies like Nord exist - you no longer have to dick around with a screw driver to get a decent amp at a reasonable price point. Celebrate!

Or build a kit car!
I wish I could buy a iPhone or Samsung direct from the factory. I cannot. I would of thought it would be around £100 tops?
I presently have on order with Hypex, £42K worth of NC500 parts, and around £25K worth of MP modules to be delivered over the next 3 months. They have firm orders and a customer Nord. I don't but that's business. This allows them to plan and order production knowing they are sold. I don't even know if the MP modules will sell at all I have designed and built around 500 PCB's in 2 boards required, one for the back panel and a micro controller to sequence startup, diagnostics, and trigger etc. Ordered required XLR, RCA, binding posts. Many hours perfecting the layout in CAM. Thermal testing etc.
The NC400 was a clever way of marketing NCore, come and have a listen what I built!
Everybody benefited but you have to face the reality of business economics, scale, and route to market. Companies has different methods and are set up for those. We sell direct.

Wow Colin those are some serious part orders!! You must be selling loads of these things. That must just chap the ***** of all the naysayers :) And the 6 moons review isn't even out yet. Just wait. You might need to rent a big warehouse!

Well it's been a while since Hypex changed the game with plate amps. The old series is getting a bit dated. Looks like this new DSP is the same caliber as what's in the Kii's.

miveraaudio.com

The dsp board is based on the ADAU1701 with good quality dac's. The Sharc solution is only for OEM customers.

With these new NC-MP amps Hypex can offer a wide range in power and channels ( max 3) without a lot of design effort.

The dsp board is based on the ADAU1701 with good quality dac's. The Sharc solution is only for OEM customers.

With these new NC-MP amps Hypex can offer a wide range in power and channels ( max 3) without a lot of design effort.

Cool. Yeah I was thinking the Sharc unit was going on the plate amps. That's what I've been waiting for months to try.

miveraaudio.com

Or build a kit car!
I wish I could buy a iPhone or Samsung direct from the factory. I cannot. I would of thought it would be around £100 tops?
I presently have on order with Hypex, £42K worth of NC500 parts, and around £25K worth of MP modules to be delivered over the next 3 months. They have firm orders and a customer Nord. I don't but that's business. This allows them to plan and order production knowing they are sold. I don't even know if the MP modules will sell at all I have designed and built around 500 PCB's in 2 boards required, one for the back panel and a micro controller to sequence startup, diagnostics, and trigger etc. Ordered required XLR, RCA, binding posts. Many hours perfecting the layout in CAM. Thermal testing etc.
The NC400 was a clever way of marketing NCore, come and have a listen what I built!
Everybody benefited but you have to face the reality of business economics, scale, and route to market. Companies has different methods and are set up for those. We sell direct.

Colin, well said! ;)

since the nc400 thread is no more, is it fine to post DIY questions here?

I use NC400 and UCD400HG based amps in my active setup.
DAC is based on es9018.

I hear strange high frequency distortions when playing 60-300Hz range on my bass drivers. I have established that it is not due to the DSP chain.
It appears to be either some marginal stability issue in the DAC IV, or some stability issue getting triggered in the Hypex modules or some ground related issue.
The issue seems to occur only with this DAC and Hypex modules (trying to see if another amp shows the issue)

Could someone hear these samples and offer some directions to debug.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...UowV21JeU5BSWM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...lk3ZEZVY1hpTDg

I have a thread with additional details.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/300403-hearing-strange-distortions.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.