• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nord NC500

Hi everyone not sure if I should post this here but I have decided to sell my two Nord UP NC500 Black Monoblocks.
There is nothing wrong with them they are working perfectly and sounding great and they still look brand new without any marks or scratches.
But due to a change in circumstances (downsizing) I need to sell all my gear and get an all in one system which I am not entirely happy about.
They are exactly one year old and are fitted with the Rev. C input buffers and Sonic Imagery 994 op amps. I also have a pair of little used Sparkos SS3602 op amps to go with them and the original Hypex buffers.
They have not been used that much as I only play music for 5/6 hours each week.
If you are interested please send me a PM with an offer.
I still have all the original packing so no problem to despatch by courier.

Hi everyone not sure if I should post this here but I have decided to sell my two Nord UP NC500 Black Monoblocks.
There is nothing wrong with them they are working perfectly and sounding great and they still look brand new without any marks or scratches.
But due to a change in circumstances (downsizing) I need to sell all my gear and get an all in one system which I am not entirely happy about.
They are exactly one year old and are fitted with the Rev. C input buffers and Sonic Imagery 994 op amps. I also have a pair of little used Sparkos SS3602 op amps to go with them and the original Hypex buffers.
They have not been used that much as I only play music for 5/6 hours each week.
If you are interested please send me a PM with an offer.
I still have all the original packing so no problem to despatch by courier.

Hi everyone the Nords are now sold, thanks for all the interest shown by everyone.

Hey Boggit, FWIW when you advertise your amps (e.g. on Audiogon) you should make sure to advertise their specs correctly. The Ncore 500 amp modules have a shocking 1% distortion 400W into 8R. The "typical" distortion figure of 0.001% (which is 'decent') is for when the amps are driven to just half their rated power into 4R.

We are using these Hypex NCore NC252MP in our new MP range of amps including a 8 Channel amp with 250W into 4Ohms and 200 8Ohms per channel.

Stereo MP 500W amp now shipping £849 with the £749 Stereo 250W shipping second week of January. Multi Channel amps to follow shortly after that. Based on these.
Happy New Year

HYPEX%20NCORE%20NC252MP_zpsrkmct9bz.jpg

We are using these Hypex NCore NC252MP in our new MP range of amps including a 8 Channel amp with 250W into 4Ohms and 200 8Ohms per channel.

Please note these specs are peak power at 1% THD / 1kHz.
To compare with more conventional amplifiers (especially w.r.t. cooling), the continuous power rating for the NC252MP is a "mere" 50W, typically one 5th of peak power.

THD graphs compare with NC400 for example, so you should be able to guess.
NC400 is rated for 200W peak power at 8 ohm, and when you check NC400 datasheet you should divide by a factor two to have a 100 W low distortion amp.
Much depends on cooling.

That mean that NC400 is almost equal to NC50X for low distortion into 8 ohms ?

Now about the number for NC500 ? 200W low distortion into 8 Ohms ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.