How to Etch your own circuit board?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
H202

Heres a link to an actual paper using it:
http://carcin.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/full/20/3/485

Chronic infection/inflammation is implicated in the pathogenesis of several forms of cancer, including hepatoma. It is well known that during inflammation, cells release reactive oxygen species, particularly H2O2. However, the role of H2O2 in the development of cancer and the underlying mechanisms are not well defined at this moment. It was our intention to test the hypothesis that H2O2 is involved in the enhancement of liver carcinogenesis and to investigate the possible mechanisms responsible for this process.

The most common source of this liver inflamation in people is ethanol.

Necrosis is going to be a vastly greater issue in any significant direct exposure to peroxide, you wont get cancer because the cells are all dead. It destroys the viability of the cell before it can get to genetic material, unlike in the above example where the peroxide is produced inside the cell.

If your going to worry about carcinogens, stay away from smokers, dont use a gasoline lawn mower, dont eat charred meat, stay away from all new plastic and its free monomers. Avoid new car smell! All of these are greater cancer hazards than the normal careful usage of hydrogen peroxide.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Your degree is irrelevant, when there is peer reviewed evidence, and for example in SY's link one reads:
A3. Confirmed animal carcinogen with unknown relevance to humans.
Let me remind you that humans are animals. One thing is clear about your degree -- it's not in biology.
This is not the board to arrogantly brag about your academic titles (or how honest the methods of obtaining them were).

Prune-
And yours is clearly neither chemistry nor biology. In the excerpt you selected humans were not the animals for which the carcinogenic activity was confirmed. As you point out, I am not a biologist, but I would guess most biologists would agree that all animals are not the same (the part of the quote about the relevance to humans would seem to be consistent with that assumption)

My apologies to the members if mentioning my educational background was done in an arrogant or offensive manner. Back to etching circuit boards.

SteveA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.