How about this...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm curious of such deep-digging subwoofers and thinking about a pair of these (cos it's already been simmed) for my large room of 4000 cubes. How much spent (building cost)? :)

In their simplest form, a single fold TH can be made with 7 panels just like a BR enclosure. The enclosure will be tall, skinny, and have a small footprint. A double fold TH will be physically bigger than a BR of the same internal volume due to the horn path.

BR = enclosure and port.
TH = the port is the enclosure.

I don't understand why they shouldn't be, some PARALLELS are off-axis (I've posted one found online on page 6) and some are on-axis (like my design), teach me, I'm a novice???

Note the difference in port exits in both BP6P's.

Attachments

• 6thbpofftop.jpg
    6thbpofftop.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 51
  • web-devastator-mkii-02_530x@2x.png
    web-devastator-mkii-02_530x@2x.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 58
Take the air and squeeze it after it collected momentum in its wave pattern of oscillation groups of 3rds or 5ths (or.whatever) but pick whatever interval, theres a use ful pattern regardless and the area of which is always the pipe harmonics. You can mass load or constrict an are between those which helps break it down in the respect to a physics atvantage as a pumping action by using the other side of the drivers output phase simultaneously.

Its quite obvious an abbreviated version of this is expressed in the sim softwares math and by design. However, hints of more exist in the TH sim and a compound version of it that does not separate the exits or it fouls that connection in phase if it exists by thr lengths in the distance from pumps or behind them as an offset standpipe would to irrigation, electrical(?) etc..

GM has always had the idea since long before some of it was pointed out by a guy with a computer and an engineering degree. the effect still being teased out of length from either side to a converging point within is up into the longer pipe if a person was wanting to reference a fulcrum.

It you place landmark on that point, like size change and a old or a driver entry(?).. i dunno, but im not running out if ideas to use... i think its a curse :D i hope you heed the warning, lol! once bitten youre stuck chasing something and each time you get a little bit more of whatever kinda us hiding in all that.

Sounds kinda silly. But go look at the that outside of a speaker box and youll see things that pump, prime and/ or bounce an imaginery force of pressure phase that drives from a fulcrum. (It appears to be one third in one pipe with a closed end, or at the closed end. But if using the other side of the driver its now moved ir ‘offset’ to a place based on the result of them both in length. (middle of the long pipe) the long pipe isnt cut in half. and middle isnt its middle, its the mid point it shared with the other end(and pump). Do the math... and research a thermo acoustic engine.with a single pipe and a closed end from which it bounces pressure. I dunno if thats what youve been drawing, but thats all i can
say or all i do in my own stuff.

I currently have 3or 4 versions of that. None of them suck. Theyre all a good speaker
Vent it seems. So i just keep using, but also abusing it to try and find a better fulcrum;(?) if it exists..

Last edited:
In their simplest form, a single fold TH can be made with 7 panels just like a BR enclosure. The enclosure will be tall, skinny, and have a small footprint. A double fold TH will be physically bigger than a BR of the same internal volume due to the horn path.

BR = enclosure and port.
TH = the port is the enclosure.
Yup, some audiophiles prefer QWR over HR in terms of musical bass reproduction (seems true).

BTW, if you've actually built this "T-TQWT" (love its awkward shape!), can I have a photo?

Yes, 90* = 90 degrees.

I know it's a BP6P. Why aren't both ports firing in the same direction?
Sorry mate, it was a misreading, you wrote AREN'T but I read ARE (quite busy nowadays), so replying again, yes they ARE, look at the arrows...

Note the difference in port exits in both BP6P's.
Well, looking at those 2 pics you referred me to, coloured one is OFF-axis (one horizontal exit & one vertical exit), other one (Devastator) is ON-axis (all exits are horizontal), what am I missing...?

Attachments

• PortExit.jpeg
    PortExit.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 54
'We' don't unless the needs of the app dictates it, then 'we' do whatever is necessary to make it fit. I merely agreed with BW and noted what distance summed best overall in case someone wanted to build it.

Thanks for your great support... :)

I got those txt files, will install HR and check, but I still don't get what you're asking for, if it's about placement I have enough space (300 cubes approx.) to place it, thus enclosure volume doesn't matter (for me), just worrying about the quality. :confused:

Well, IMNSHO your simple two chamber vented box is a poor choice for the B&C 12TBX100.
I'll tell you a reason (if you're implying 12TBX100 isn't for 6bp), I know B&C is generally a pa (pro) brand, which is why 12TBX100 plays really well at horn-loading, but I have no other choice, no specific home audio (hi-fi) brands available here, otherwise would be genuine car audio drivers, they can go below 25hz all by themselves (fs) but I'm not sure if they fit at home listening (I really don't know), you might ask me "why bothering on diy?, just go for a factory setup", of course we have showrooms, like takeaways, we buy them, how much is a 1000w 5.1 with amp/receiver (all-in-one system)?, just $150 (you know the story), tired of buying cheap-cheats. :cuss:

However, if you're explicitly talking about my design, whether "simple" or not, a both-chambers-ported-to-outside enclosure is theoretically called a "PARALLEL" 6TH ORDER BANDPASS.

I like taking random HR txt files for either 12” of 18”
Drivers and adapting the to work with mine(the man one i used for labrat).

the things are pretty well diverse if i just payatention to the damped or undamped response of a known successful cabinet. Theyre anke to usually settle into a similar looking result by only an early CSA change and minimal use of stuffing to gage the likelyhood of any similar real results.

one thing over and over became clear, and trying to ‘prove’ it is just a waste of time building cabinets to compromise it to see. even buying slug pistons to drive a pipe into deep mud, lol? But this is getting expensive and im
Piling up the old for the next before theres stillAnother on the workbench. Thats now also got one on the router table.

The stepped pipe with a pipe connected directly to it at exit (the driver entry at each far end of those. and thus the distance between them to a center is also a fold. Its all broken down into the lesser pipes dimension.

the sum of which is the drawn as the frequency of length in each of those creates a mark at 90 degrees on a circles circumference.

If i rotate that circle around and around as its a sine wave represented as the
Degrees or radians(1,2pi is 360/720). This on a polar plot to the 13/4 harmonic in distance tracks like pressure phase in anything.

That is me describing the way to fold that idea if representing it. its 80 or 100 cm. For an Fs/Fb as needed. Easy for me to use in what ive got.

But iys two pipes as 300 and 100. Rolled out as i described i end up with a shape for that sine wave all the way from 1200cm to zero and plot it. Connecting the 90 degree landing spot as it touches the other circle its rolling along leaving the mark.

is that shape of any significance to the sound signature? Or a hInt that it could be? That shape is eventually a cardoid shape. Plottted to imfinity(sorta). But its well represented in a certain shape thats also hard to actually achieve those lengths in the 3 parts /100cm x 3 is the long pipe folded) and the one of other.(100cm not folded).

I hate math. But its hard to draw too . But i cheat and borrow ideas from smart people. (0.349) is about 90 degrees just gotta spin the the circles to see in calculus or whatever..? Here it is(again),?

Take the air and squeeze it after it collected momentum in its wave pattern of oscillation groups of 3rds or 5ths (or.whatever) but pick whatever interval, theres a use ful pattern regardless and the area of which is always the pipe harmonics. You can mass load or constrict an are between those which helps break it down in the respect to a physics atvantage as a pumping action by using the other side of the drivers output phase simultaneously.

Its quite obvious an abbreviated version of this is expressed in the sim softwares math and by design. However, hints of more exist in the TH sim and a compound version of it that does not separate the exits or it fouls that connection in phase if it exists by thr lengths in the distance from pumps or behind them as an offset standpipe would to irrigation, electrical(?) etc..

GM has always had the idea since long before some of it was pointed out by a guy with a computer and an engineering degree. the effect still being teased out of length from either side to a converging point within is up into the longer pipe if a person was wanting to reference a fulcrum.

It you place landmark on that point, like size change and a old or a driver entry(?).. i dunno, but im not running out if ideas to use... i think its a curse :D i hope you heed the warning, lol! once bitten youre stuck chasing something and each time you get a little bit more of whatever kinda us hiding in all that.

Sounds kinda silly. But go look at the that outside of a speaker box and youll see things that pump, prime and/ or bounce an imaginery force of pressure phase that drives from a fulcrum. (It appears to be one third in one pipe with a closed end, or at the closed end. But if using the other side of the driver its now moved ir ‘offset’ to a place based on the result of them both in length. (middle of the long pipe) the long pipe isnt cut in half. and middle isnt its middle, its the mid point it shared with the other end(and pump). Do the math... and research a thermo acoustic engine.with a single pipe and a closed end from which it bounces pressure. I dunno if thats what youve been drawing, but thats all i can
say or all i do in my own stuff.

I currently have 3or 4 versions of that. None of them suck. Theyre all a good speaker
Vent it seems. So i just keep using, but also abusing it to try and find a better fulcrum;(?) if it exists..

I'm being a fan of your writings, trying so hard to figure out what's really happend like in a "Fincher" movie... :scratch2:

Yup, some audiophiles prefer QWR over HR in terms of musical bass reproduction (seems true).

BTW, if you've actually built this "T-TQWT" (love its awkward shape!), can I have a photo?

My double fold T-TQWT.

Attachments

• from Handset_20120103120908_61.jpg
    from Handset_20120103120908_61.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 47
  • from Handset_20120204150434_56.jpg
    from Handset_20120204150434_56.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 48
  • from Handset_20120204152426_55.jpg
    from Handset_20120204152426_55.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 30
  • from Handset_20120204154615_51.jpg
    from Handset_20120204154615_51.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 30
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.