Hornresp

is there a way to change QL factor on an OD horn alignment with a BR chamber?

Hi John,

At the moment it can be done in a somewhat roundabout way by using the technique outlined by Phonetik in Post #11255, but as from the next release, the QL parameter feature will be confined to simple direct radiator bass reflex systems only. Post #11258 refers.

The only reason that you can do it now is due to an oversight on my part... :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi David !
I got a idea !!! (sorry !)
From this : Phys. Rev. B 99, 024302 (2019) - Ultra-open acoustic metamaterial silencer based on Fano-like interference, i didn't understood anything, but it was inspiring
It made me think of a re-entrant stub (re-entrant at same position as SH1, SH2, SH3) . Since you implemented stubs, i played with it geometry. Of course, i don't understand anything ^^ But i'll still try to explain what i have in my mad mind. From what i understand and how i'm able to explain, a variable geometry (to get something i would intuitively call differential impedance on each sides), and variable stuffing amound stub that would be re-entrant should allow better nulling effect of resonnances using out of phase effect in addition to damping effect.

You've already done almost all to get it with so evolved stubs, but connecting stub end to it start.

Tapped stub, or re-entrant stub ? TS ? RS ?

At start, i kept in mind the fact that simple holes through a bass-refflex vent cannot be actually simed due to the re-entrant aspect. But it was enough on in own to ask for a new model. I was missing (and still !) the differential impedance stuff aspect.
Do you feel it would work ?

Thanks again, and again, and again... my wife says i got a secret garden parrallel life with hornresp :)

Last edited:
Hornresp Update 5120-201104

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The system loss QL parameter value was inadvertently being taken into account when simulating a horn loaded bass reflex system. The parameter now only applies to direct radiator bass reflex systems, as originally intended.

My thanks to Phonetik for making me aware of this issue.

CHANGE 2

Previously the QL parameter value could only be changed using the slider control in the Chamber section of the Loudspeaker Wizard. The value can now also be changed from the input parameters window by double-clicking on the QL / Lossless label in edit mode, as shown in Attachments 1 to 3.

CHANGE 3

Previously the QL slider control in the Loudspeaker Wizard was reset to the default value of 7 by moving the slider to the minimum position. The slider is now reset to the default value by double-clicking the slider QL label. Attachment 4 refers.

CHANGE 4

When the phase response chart is sampled by single-clicking the chart, the unwrapped phase shift is now also shown. Attachment 5 refers.

Unwrapped phase values are now also included in the Chart Data export file.

CHANGE 5

Unwrapped phase can now be displayed on a secondary chart accessed from the phase response chart window, as shown in Attachments 6 and 7.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Attach_5.png
    Attach_5.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Attach_6.png
    Attach_6.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Attach_7.png
    Attach_7.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 58
Random Ideas or brainstorming after 18 months of using horn response and loving every minute of it.

-Changing ‘schematic’ and schematic 1 to a top view not a side view.

-Making wizard a dual screen, or split screen, allowing simulatanous observation of SPL and diaphragm. Or any dual aspect eat to eat skew ones design bias or direction.

-An overview in tapped horn mode at all times. It is simply buried in mental hurdles as to what is occurring if striving toward using it for a specific reason.(inherently as a tapped device)..

Sent, With love and best wishes, from the western US :D

The configurations suggested in the above two posts are too esoteric for inclusion in Hornresp. The work required to implement them would far outweigh any benefit to be gained by making them available. Presumably though, they could be specified in AKABAK if really required...
BPC with PR was esoteric too. I got one built in my garage that measure well :p

I'll add to my to do list Akabak sim as proof of concept and come back :)

Even if my explanation seems(/is) confuse, It would """""""only""""""" be connecting end of stub to it entry and find a name ;)

Thanks a lot for the always friendly answers,

Damien

Will this void exist if i unstuffed/stuffed this with 900 Units Dacron per the density and location? If so it is exactly what I been looking for for 18 months now and internet to use this to show combat veterans and families the results of PTSD trauma (by sound ) in therapy. Is this real or possible?

Please advice and thank you in advance !!!

Attachments

• 19D26E38-7611-4DF9-9584-F778CF47D6F4.jpg
    19D26E38-7611-4DF9-9584-F778CF47D6F4.jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 86
216cm² output. Look at mouth air velocity. It's 60m/s @ 35hz.And this is a lot of lost space. Here the same response shape below 150hz with 120L, and way less stuffing. Not optimized at all, it was just to play hornresp shapping curves as yours with less volume.
But still the same port chuffing/compression issue from segment area at really high power; it depend whether it's a concern or not for you.

Attachments

• exple.PNG
    exple.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I just go bigger at the exit.... I just want the void for the science ??!! See the void? And then no void? A classroom of highschool Physics class kids or similar? Actually, a junior college electronics vocational program at first, but ...Wow! Would they look at this and be interested or not? I just hope it’s ‘real’

Last edited:
I just go bigger at the exit.... I just want the void for the science ??!! See the void? And then no void? A classroom of highschool Physics class kids or similar? Actually, a junior college electronics vocational program at first, but ...Wow! Would they look at this and be interested or not? I just hope it’s ‘real’

dooo...my mistake ^^ sorry !

Do you ever build any of these? No disrespect but it’s almost just a random looking scatter of pseudo chamber, vent , chamber , vent ... no real purpose or Reasoning that I see? But maybe it works, and quite good? and if so, can you show me or elaborate on the process? I might be able to use it? I’ve used similar but not such a ‘wild’ Version ?:up: