Hornresp

Do you plan to implement it in phase and group delay chart ?

Hi Damien,

The Combined 1 option is intended to work with the power chart only. The option was left on the drop-down list simply because that was the easiest thing to do :). I will have a look to see how difficult it would be for the Combined 1 option to be removed when the phase or group delay chart is selected.

nice curves colors :)

You would be surprised at how long it took me to settle on the final colours. I wanted them to blend nicely with the original pale red trace, and also to complement each other and not clash :).

Kind regards,

David

Playing with the 4 curves of aperiodic bi-chamber enclosure with "combined 1" power chart is entertaining ^^

"Entertaining" is not the description I would have used :).

When I checked an ABC design prior releasing the update I thought that the four traces were horribly confusing!

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 137
"Entertaining" is not the description I would have used :). (...)

You would be surprised at how long it took me to settle on the final colours. (...)
You would be surprised at how fast it took me to settle on the word to put in google translate to mean "Entertaining" ;)
I'm so used and confident in people ability here to be really tolerent with our (non native english people) langage approximations (this sentence is probably a good example) :)

I don't know how to express it, but i'll try to explain. Do you see any way to align speakers using multiple entry tool ? It seems me it lack of a way to see speakers time alignement. Any idea ? With only export tool phase, this is hard. I'm pretty sure you can find a way to show this. Maybe a kind of group delay chart, with each curves but taking account time delays of each ways (i lack of background about how group delay is displayed, but i feel you can understand).

Thanks,

Damien

my 2020 version does not automatically calculate the delay. Is there a way to turn this back on?

Also which phase response is more accurate?

Hi shrub0,

The delay feature was originally included at the request of Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h, who sadly is no longer with us. On his passing I decided to revert to displaying standard wrapped phase by default because this is how phase response is normally presented, and the Le Cléac'h "adjustment" proved to be confusing to some users. The Delay tool can be still used to introduce a linear phase offset if so desired (see the Help file for further details). The standard wrapped phase presentation takes phase shift through the horn into account. Both sets of results are accurate.

My personal preference is simply to use the standard wrapped phase chart.

Kind regards,

David

I was just about to ask about this situation! Looks like BW was trying to model a 6 segment TH. I need to read up on the various TH functions.

I have two of these with simmed and measured electrical impedances essentially identical. so they dont worry me too much. they are nearly the same approach, but in a rear vented chamber version, so its just some minor details that make this layout a bit tricky tofit into the sim(the entry is flipped on what forms a large series exit instead of two parallel that cometogether before the tapped motorsides entry. (paraflex and roar) kindof.... maybe its a, MOAR :D

this time however, its just an attempt to take a simple end fired qw pipe and then boost it before an acoustic amplifier. using a tapped entry(at pipe end and start) and megaphone shape after. kinda silly but fingers crossed...

Last edited: