Hornresp

Be aware that the driver electromagnetic coupling invert impedances, so a mechanical or acoustic inductance (mass) will show up as a capacitance in the electrical impedance, and vice versa.

You can see an example of this in David's impedance plot above. Below resonance, the driver is stiffness controlled, i.e. a mechanical capacitance, but the phase of the electrical impedance is positive, i.e. the electrical impedance is inductive.

This can be somewhat confusing. But if you are using impedance to check adjust your design, it can be useful to keep in mind.

So is it the final countdown? Monday....

For Amazon.co.uk at least. But it is available here at the moment.

I'm buying a copy of the book. From long experience I understand how much work has been put into this. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. It's been a massive undertaking. Hope you will find it useful :)

Hornresp Update 5050-191023

CHANGE 1
The polarity assumed for an individual output in a multiple output system is now shown on the phase chart for that output.

CHANGE 3
The path length value has been removed from the combined response phase and group delay chart captions so as not to imply that the path length is included in the phase and group delay calculations. The charts now also indicate that the combined response is being shown.
This addresses the confusion I was having with the phase responses. Thanks!

CHANGE 4
Loudspeaker wizard dipole pressure response chart results can now be exported.
Much appreciated! :)

Hello, Can I ask. In the Filter Wizard Settings.

I have used a Second Order Filter. Is this the same as a Butterworth Filter with an order of 2?

I have designed a folded horn/ Ported Cabinet and have to apply filters to reduce the Diaphram Displacement.

How can I replicate this filter for the sound test I am going to be doing on the Cabinet.

Thanks

Hi Andypk,

I have used a Second Order Filter. Is this the same as a Butterworth Filter with an order of 2?

A Second Order Filter with a Q Factor of 0.71 (1 / Sqrt(2)) is the same as a Butterworth Filter with an order of 2.

How can I replicate this filter for the sound test I am going to be doing on the Cabinet.

I will leave this for someone else to answer :).

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    56 KB · Views: 255