Hornresp

Hi Fred,

haha - hornresp has amazing mobility.

Wait until you see your "sidebranch absorber chamber" option, in the next release... :).

Is there a very early internet version stored somewhere on the web?

Not that I am aware of, but someone may have archived a copy. I do however have the fifty-year-old deck of 80-column Hollerith punch cards containing the original Fortran IV source code :).

that doesn't sound far back as I was born in 1950 :(:(

It's even less far back for me... :).

you've got a supercomputer !

I wish! :).

Kind regards,

David

hi david if i use the back panel on this pic. i can sim it as the pi corner?

Attachments

• david.jpg
    david.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 114
hi david if i use the back panel on this pic. i can sim it as the pi corner?

Hi Thawach,

If you are asking whether the complete system can be simulated as simply a bass reflex box (shown in red in Attachment 1) radiating into Ang = 0.5 x Pi because the blue-grey "back panel" portion of the cabinet serves as a corner, then the answer is no.

You would need to come up with a model for the complete system, including the back panel portion, radiating into (half?) space.

Fred has suggested one possible model using four stepped segments. I doubt that it would help in this case, but note that you can specify up to 6 segments if necessary, by including front chamber and Cyl throat adaptor components together with 4 segments (stepped), as shown in Attachment 2.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 170
David - would a "stronger" PC be fun for you?

Hi Fred,

My trusty old HP Compaq is more than powerful enough for me at this stage, thanks. I tend to only upgrade when I am forced to. Setting up a new computer with a new operating system, and getting everything to work as I want it to, particularly the Visual Basic programming application, is quite a traumatic experience for me :).

I am a great believer in "letting sleeping dogs lie" and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Come to think of it, I also quite like the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry motto:

"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus". (Never tickle a sleeping dragon).

:).

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.jpg
    Attach_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 161
like so? - - - (tell me how you you sim those fabulous Karlson-ish cabinets)

OaH4fts.png

thx u freddi i might not follow the hornresp very long time. i hv just known the hornresp can sim the difference segment. about karlson i had ever seen ur post. i saw the freq respond from u measured. i sim as the same bp. and i tried to understand the effect of the front panel. and drew them until it was finish. i have one karlson design that i still not finish. it s karlson line array if it is finish ill tell my friend measure them.

Hi Thawach,

If you are asking whether the complete system can be simulated as simply a bass reflex box (shown in red in Attachment 1) radiating into Ang = 0.5 x Pi because the blue-grey "back panel" portion of the cabinet serves as a corner, then the answer is no.

You would need to come up with a model for the complete system, including the back panel portion, radiating into (half?) space.

Fred has suggested one possible model using four stepped segments. I doubt that it would help in this case, but note that you can specify up to 6 segments if necessary, by including front chamber and Cyl throat adaptor components together with 4 segments (stepped), as shown in Attachment 2.

Kind regards,

David

many thx u david for ur answer.