hornresp input for CUBO12?

Does "this" make sense? -like "in the ballpark"? - or did I flub my dub ? please correct. (It looks to tune somewhat high -?)

Attachments

• CUBO12 TRY ONE KAPPA12A.jpg
    CUBO12 TRY ONE KAPPA12A.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 80
  • CUBO12TRY1KAP12A.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: 1 user
Flub your dub? Learning new lingo here ;)

In your example, the 3th segment should be roughly 46.5 - (13.9 / 2) = ~39.5 cm. In the 2nd segment I would add (4.5 / 2) + (4.2 / 2) + 1.5 cm(material thickness)

I calculate a total axial horn length of 110.2 cm. With the magnet inside the horn you can add the volume inside the cone to Vtc and subtract the surface area that the cone occupies in the horn (roughly 100 cm2). Both further lower the tuning.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Brian - I've no experience with spreadsheets and currently my vision is washed out due to high blood sugar. Might you sometime make a sheet for a "J" bend horn - like that smallhorn3 by LORDSANSUI?

I might have fun with a highish cutoff horn and Kappa12 - ? - It might be a big large
vs doing a squat aspect Karlson bandpass 15 that can go lower.

somewhere in my mess there might still be a PA310 - even with the dip you r POC3 looks better than many things

Attachments

• kappa12a kraphorn -rough estimate 1080.jpg
    kappa12a kraphorn -rough estimate 1080.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 1 user
Hi I have set out & unfolded the Cubo 12 Note the unfolded sketch would require one more segment than Hornresp can handle so it needs to be simplified or the large chamber method used. Not tried to sim this yet but thought the info would be useful. also attached as a zipped up DXF file. Regards Martin (Xoc1)
1711402992022.png

Attachments

• Cubo 12.zip
    19 KB · Views: 16
  • Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
Hi Rademakers - I missed your post - Here's a revised hornresp for CUBO12 - I interpreted something wrong and its length is a bit more than what you stated - plus I wasn't sure how much to subtract from the mouth for the cone and magnet

Anyhow - if it performs like this - I will be quite happy.

Attachments

• BETTER CUBO12 HORNRESP ESTIMATE W. KAPPA12AS.jpg
    BETTER CUBO12 HORNRESP ESTIMATE W. KAPPA12AS.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 35
Gee - It measures very nicely with the Pyle PYM1298 (~Kappa 12A spec - maybe a few more ounces magnet slug) -

I'll have to verify whether that was outdoors or not as the legend mentions "floor".

60Hz H2 (120Hz) is 32dB down at one watt nominal drive so good there tho very low drive level.

Attachments

• CUBO12 PYM1298 OUTDOORS GRASPH.png
    CUBO12 PYM1298 OUTDOORS GRASPH.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 28
  • CUBO12 PYM1298 TEST CONDITIONS.jpg
    CUBO12 PYM1298 TEST CONDITIONS.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 26
  • CUBO12 PYM1298 GRAPH 2 BONDARIES DETAILED.png
    CUBO12 PYM1298 GRAPH 2 BONDARIES DETAILED.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
my builder friend just got a simple DSP - Xover to small horn - perhaps 140? I'm old - ill - no mobility - no need for anything - jus curious - but might do something. Its the year of the cicadas where I live and those boogers will be deafening for months to any outdoor presentations or measurements.

FWIW I'd like to do all with one 3255 mono amp and passive xover. Its time for another stab at the "klam" - I still have a nice 80oz magnet Eminence 12cx - and a 10" neo P-Audio 10cx.

In actual use - the speaker in the video would be up on a tripod and inverted with the slot aiming downwards

1711643190264.png

Last edited:
" - Cubo has surprising mids. Models were way off, I thought we'd be lucky to get 200hz, but crossover here is 2500 2nd order. Guitar, sax, kick all sound good. I played some drum 'n bass that went deep, and it didn't shake anything with 10 watts, but it was represented.-"