High quality Dante multi way system for DIYers

I'm a professional sound engineer / audio tech, I'm trying to build a Dante enabled audio piece of equipment, I'm still in the planning stage.
I use Dante, Brooklyn and Ultimo devices often.

I'm struggling to find a module pinout for the Brooklyn II / Audiocom AES67 Audio Network Transmission Module 32X32, or even the carrier board Module Adapter Board 88E6320.

I'm planning to use the module in 16-channel mode, feeding into a PCM1681 -> 8 Channel DAC -> OPA2134PA -> 8x Stereo Headphone Amplifier.

How would you connect the Dante Module with 4 Data out Lines into the PCM1681 that takes in 4 Data lines?
I'm getting a little lost with this idea currently.
I currently understand how to hook up I2S as a single data line stereo device (3 wires, CLK, Word Select and AudioData).

Every time I google this stuff, I keep getting top link as this post so according to google you guys are the foremost expert in this field.

HELP! :D
Ryan

Audinate is made up by a bunch of snobs.
They want you to partizipate in their expensive teaching classes. They stop communicating as soon they realize that no multi dollar deal is in the pipeline.

Best to get Dacs that can accept TDM Signals.
AKM Dacs, from a sonic and budget perspective are ideal for that Job.
The Brooklyn Module is by default sending out a TDM signal. The AKM 44xx dacs can be programmed via I2C to various TDM formats. It takes at most 4 different tries to hit the right Format.

That "snobs" managed to supply more than 200 ProAudio brands until now and developed in a speed which let the whole AVB alliance looks like amateurs :LOL: But anyway, I have a question to those of you buying already AUDIOCOM or MONISMS: How is the MCLK handled? Can the DANTE module receive MCLK from DSP board or only output MCLK? Because I want connect it to my DSP design and at the moment I have only implemented the way of DSP sending the MCLK out. How about TDM? Should be no problem to feed a 4-channel DAC like AK4454, correct? Thanks in advance!

IIUC Dante is an RTP (or a custom equivalent of RTP) stream with precise timestamping using PTP, accompanied with network autodiscovery etc. I have not been able to find any mention of a clock feedback. It's logical - simultaneous ultra low-latency playback to multiple HW-independent clients/renderers precludes such a feature.

That means every renderer must resolve the incoming clock vs. output clock issue, by principle. Because of the focus on ultra-low latency, I would expect some simple low-latency method - bit stuffing/removal or linear interpolation being the most expectable. Very likely methods like gstreamer offers.

What is the advantage of using a single network renderer which must do this by-design bit-imperfect resampling compared to bit-perfect UAC2 which by-design provides proper clock feedback?

I very much second this request!
Definitely interested to build such, but am way out of my depth with this discussion,
The monism board have self explanatory markings. Make sure you order them with the pinr ows put on them.
ON one side are the I2S output pins on the other the Lan pins. Look up the pinout of Lan connectors to make shure you got it right.
5v supply pins are at the end of the pin rows.
Get Equalizer APO and Voice Meter Potato for a donation of $5. In Potato set the Dante channels 1+2 as A1 Hardware out and 3+4 as A2 Hardware out.
Get the software Peace as a Skin for APO and select under devices Potato channel one for Tweeters and save with your prefered naming. In the left bottom Window your created name appears. Do the same for Bass out. Select the desired roll off frequency and Q for each created Band. On the Dante routing software all your Dante boards will be listed with their channel count. On the computer audio device manager all the Dante pairs will be listed but you will only activate Voice Meter Potato channels there.
If you do it like this your music software player, your Video player and streaming Music and Video will be played via APO.

In the learning phase use only cheap littel fullrange speakers as tweeters.
I strongly advice to use Windows server as the OS and load it from a VHD into ram. It is a step up in sound quality and you can fiddle around as much as you want to without ruining your system. If a change you made is beneficial, start your computer with the VHD and make the changes there. Next time you load this VHD into ram it will have the updated changes. Each time you load the VHD into ram you got the exect same system. Nothing can ruin it.

IMG_20230310_092951.jpg

hey guys,
so i like to build up a dante interface too. is someone here that wrote a simple manual for that. iam using dante since 2017 with some dante output devices. now since dante / audinate becomes famous the prices for simple two or one output devices are massiv. thats why i would like to build them in order to get my speaker in my dante universe. i payed for a two output dante interface around 90,-€ in 2017, now its 3 times a cost....
iam new to this place and cannot write to users at this time. i think radian could help me out here.
i only need one or two xlr (phase+ and phase -) outputs. the card you guys are using are too high for me. A single speaker just needs a single soundcard ;)

greetings,
soren

for example: https://www.otto.de/p/soundking-spi...audio-tool-S07550DI/#variationId=S07550DIR60B
This was one of my first dante device for 99,-€.
Thats what i like to build. a simple dante device only for one speaker.
in your last reply you showed a picture with two PCM. the left little black board is the dante enabled device? the right blue one is for the audio convert from i2c in phase or analogue. But on some point there must be the ethernet input link and a "dante converter".
When you or someone build this for around 100,.€ this would be great. i dont need power over ethernet, all speakers are active powered.

Most people over here are diyers because of fidelity reasons and that's why I built this system. The sum of what it can do is better than my Singxer F1 and running the speakers with passive crossovers. What's involved is a computer 2 Monism boards at €120 each lots of soldering, expensive regulators, three or four amp modules and speaker components that reward your elaborate efforts.

Is this what you are looking for?

If been testing some €27 Bluetooth modules with the Qualcomm QCC5125. With the LDAC Codec it's better than 95% of all the USB interfaces that are out there and I'm being serious here.

I got the feeling that this is more in line what you are looking for.

Greetings Klaus

thats sounds serious good,
but its not directly what iam looking for. i need the dante specific components or modules that handle the dante ethernet streams. its not that good audio quality is what i like only at home. on the roading for events dante is standard and i need a cost efficient device to handle this.
i wrote to the seller on aliexpress that sells the "Audiocom Dante AES67 board" but he told me that this board cant handle dante. is this information correct? cause on the website is written that it pops up as dante soundcard?
do you know how to get a cost efficient dante device?

Por um bom tempo fiquei feliz com meu excelente Stingxer F1 modificado, mas a questão,
se essa qualidade de som fosse possível com uma configuração multicanal nunca me passou pela cabeça.
Quando um dia vi os painéis do Brooklyn II aparecerem no ebay, fiquei empolgado.
Pesquisei na net se havia uma placa adaptadora disponível. eis que eu
encontrei um no Aliexpress. Cara, isso é o paraíso para o áudio do computador.
$ 120 para a placa Dante e $ 80 para o adaptador não é significativamente mais
caro que um Singxer por si só.
Dante não só soa melhor do que os DDCs USB Singxer, mas também é sólido como uma rocha.
Sem hick ups, sem pops, sem cliques.
A saída de 8 canais via I2S é apenas um sonho tornado realidade para o mundo do áudio DIY.
A única coisa que preciso descobrir é como obter meu AK4490 um AK4495
placas dac para aceitar o modo de controle serial porque os dados não são enviados
em um fluxo esquerdo/direito em um pino de dados, mas como dois fluxos separados em dois
pinos de dados.
Aqui está a minha configuração até agora:
hlk9f.jpg

Se alguém puder ajudar com o problema do modo serial, eu agradeceria.

Cumprimenta,
Klaus
Radian Essa configuração com placa Dante Brooklin ii + o adaptador, eu conseguiria criar uma interface de áudio Dante 32in e 32 out ?
Pois vi aqui neste tópico que a placa Dante dá suporte a 32 in e 32 out, minha grande dúvida é de como vai sair da placa Dante para conectores XLR in / XLR out, como os consoles yamaha Dante Tio, obrigado

Only theoretically because you need Dacs that support TDM signals.
Audionate does not reveal their format to private parties.
You can try AKM dacs which support TDM signals and try different TDM formats until it works.
You can also go via Lan to different endpoints that are configurable via Dante Controler Software but at the endpoints you still need dacs that can decode TDM streams.
My goal was just an 2 x 4 Channel setup with the Brocklyn II board alone being fed by my computer acting as the source and funktioning ans crossover and DRC.
But as of now I did not find anybody willing to programm I2C code to the Dacs and so the project is on hold.

Greets Klaus