High quality Dante multi way system for DIYers

I received no response to my question about differences between bitperfect dante with local clock and bitperfect usb async with local clock.
Actually I don't care.
The difference in the sound quality is all that matters to me.
I don't know why Windows Server 2016 sounds better than Windows 10.
I also don't know why running the OS entirely in RAM sounds better.
Bit perfect locally reclocked should also sound the same in all different Transports, be it mechanical or software but it just dosen't.
I stay away from endless theoretical debates and try things out myself.

Reactions: 1 user
What are you talking about?
I don't even have this card in my current setup.
At the moment I use the Monism modules.
one with AK4493 transformer output and one with AK4490 passive out.
These are way ahead of all my modyfied USB attempts.

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_174419.jpg
    IMG_20220610_174419.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 246
Troll

I assure you my objections are sincere; as is I believe, that of others in this thread. Some are just asking questions and making observations, regarding technical difficulties and usefulness. This is a public forum, if something is being pushed as an ultimate solution, it should be able to withstand some basic critique.

It is easy to try and frame people who disagree with you as trolls, just out to cause trouble for enjoyment, but it isnt accurate to the definition of the word, while query and critique is sincere; however unpalatable it is to you personally.

And with that i'll move on again and leave you to it again, I just had to clarify my position.

Last edited:
Where did you get these monism cards? Can you elaborate on what you have been doing with them since you started mentioning multi channel in post 1 and now it looks like just stereo? I'm just missing many details here- granted i don't know much about dante...

$129 including express shipping is what I payed for. That's not bad for 4 channel mono or 2 Channel stereo.

At the moment I am using Equalizer APO via Peace. That way I get digital crossover,
time delay, phase correction and drc even with streamed content.

Greets Klaus

for 4 channel mono
Nice find with the Monism card. The 4x mono out could be great for a stereo four-way active speaker system, with one card in each speaker and hopefully good timing integrity with Dante between stereo speakers.

Please can I ask some really basic questions?

1. Does the Monism do different digital data out formats like "right justified" for PCM1704, or is it I2S only?
2. Does Windows recognise the Monism card as an audio device over ethernet or do you need special drivers and software?
3. Did you ever get the Brooklyn dante card to work with a DAC? If so what's the sound like compared to the Minism?

Thanks.

Hi Klaus,
Thanks for the info on pricing as the website is silent on this. There is also almost nihil documentation on these modules so i'm really wondering if it's only a matter of hooking up a dac in I2S after (for say, steroe) or if there's more to it.

The Monisms need the regular Dante Software. Channel routing is for free but for the Virtual soundcard you need to pay $30 For clocking, one device can be chosen as the master which makes all additional devices slaves that are in perfect sync.

The 16 channel Dante Card sends out all channels in bus format. The ak4493 can be programmed to receive this format but I have no time to learn I2C programming.
The ak4493 dac boards that I use for modding are in software mode and are being controlled via I2C by a seperate chip already. I want to tap into these programming lines but as I said I can't programm.

I am happy with the Monisms boards so I am in no hurry to get the 16 channel board working.

Greets Klaus