HIFONICS ZXi 1008 car amp stuck in protect mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, while I am getting ready to do this. Can you explain to me what we are trying to accomplish? Just trying to learn more as I do this. I have a smaller amp that works to compare results to. I can tell when I hook up my meter to one of the diodes on that amp that they switch on and off real fast. In the amp that we are working on nothing happens at all. I assume that is because of the PROTECT. Is there anyway to disable protect to see what happens?

Thanks
Tom

one channel has all of the drivers and outputs out of it and it still protects. There are 4 ceramic disc capacitors that connect between the pins of each of the rectifiers (1 between pins 2 and 3, and between pins 1 and 2) when on do try t connect pin 2(center pin of the rectifiers) to the circuit I get a small spark and the power supply shuts down. I traced the center pins of the rectifiers and seen that they supply the collectors of the outputs for both channels which I don't understand can you explain to me why they would do this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.