HIFONICS ZXi 1008 car amp stuck in protect mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What would be a good reading for the zener diodes. I think the last time I tried to test them they gave open line in one direction but in the other it showed like a capacitor was charging up because the readings keep changing. I will check again and then report back what I find.

Without "easter-egging" this thing any more, what is the best way to test this amp to figure out what is wrong with it and if it can be fixed relatively inexpensive? As of right now there are no output transistors or driver transistor for the output in the board and all of the rectifiers for the power supply have been removed. There is 12 vdc going to the mosfets of the power supply but the protect light is still on. Did I miss checking something?

disregard post #72. The correct state with rectifiers out there is no protect light on tested for about five minutes and still no protect light. Quickly explain to me if you will about the power supplies. Is one generating rail voltage for the output and the other generates the 15 volts for the opamps?

The area around the driverboard in front of it and in back of it ..

Hopefully this is what you need. I can take a shot of the bottom side as well just PM me.

Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• driver board.jpg
    driver board.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 59
Put the rectifiers back in the amp ..

Remove U1 that sits behind the driverboard ..

Insert a 10 amp fuse in series with the B+ wire ..

Try powering the amp up dies this allow the amp to power up?

Only try powering it up for a few secs since it may draw current so remember to insert a 10 amp fuse in the B+ line

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.