Hifonics zeus gen x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes i believe they are the drivers for the power supply. im about to give up on this amp and go on to the next one everything in the power supply is testing fine expect maybe those resistor packs

It won't be the first time one of ZEDs proprietary devices stopped a repair. ZED will most likely tell you to send it to them. I have never heard of him releasing any docs yet to anyone...ever...So expect the above IMO....

Ok i talked to Mr Mantz he said without looking at the amp he cant tell me whats wrong with it. But he did say that the lack of voltage on pin 4 of the lm324n is due to the remote (remote wire) voltage is not getting to that pin

Wondering if this helps maybe give you an idea on what to check next??

Ill have to get back to you on that one since ive ripped this thing apart tracing the voltage issue on pin 4 as soon as i solder everything back into the amp ill get back to you.

Wondering 2 things

First thing is the a968 thats connected to the remote wire has a 27 ohm resistor connect in the circuit which appears to have got hot at one time it blackend in 1 spot but still reads 26.9 ohms so guessing its still good Since it appears to have been hot at one point wondering if this sounds like that a968 failed?

Second question is the gen x zeus and mars use the same boards different caps the zeus uses 4700 uf 63v and the mars uses 4700 uf 35 volts since the rail voltage is lower in the mars amp. Any way since i have this thing ripped apart wondering if you or anyone would like a schematic on the remote circuit since it supplys the voltage to pin 4 of the 324 and the pack thats marked 9706 which in return sends it to the tl494 just wondering if you would like one for future reference on helping with trouble shooting theese amps

Last edited:
Ok i finally got the anwser i was looking for that resistor pack does control pin 4 on the lm324n. It controls the remote voltage. The guy i spoke with says thoose resistor packs are long gone and he might have a schematic to rebuild them.

He said if i follow the remote from the terminal block and find which pin on the resistor pack that contols it i can use a jumper from pin 4 to the resistor pack and should be fine .

Wondering if i do this will it work or will i have problems?

Last edited:
He said he will have to dig through his stuff.

Ok Perry here is the wierd thing about this amp I replaced the a968 connected to the remote wire.

I then tryed powering the amp up and the power light came on so im like cool never lit before.

So with my black probe on ground terminal i tested pin 4 and got 0.66 volts and im like what the hell. So just playing around i put my red probe on the positive teminal of the amp and my black probe on pin 4 of the 394 and read 13.91 volts i then did the same for pin 8 on the tl494 and got 13.94 volts

Wondering why this is ?

For the previous post... there's virtually no time that you'll use the positive terminal as the reference. For most all testing, you'll use the chassis ground terminal or the secondary ground as the reference (black probe). The exceptions are when you measure the voltage across a component.

If you still don't have voltage on pin 4 of the 324, you can probably jump from pin 12 of the 494 to pin 4 of the 324 with a low value resistor. A 1 ohm 1/4 watt would be my choice.

Ok i had this amp fixed and working 100% flawless. I dont know what the guy did to if but said he was using it and it went up in smoke.

I opened the amp up and he blew all the power supply fets in the amp.

The orginals are BUZ102's Wondering if there is a good drop in replacement for theese?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.