• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

I think you should seriously consider moving the DACs and the ADCs to the daughterboards.

I did but I didn't want to compromise the high speed low jitter master clock by running it over multiple boards and interconnects when I didn't have to !! As it is the master clock gets distributed on the one board using the shortest possible lengths and proper impedance controlled traces ;)

cheers

Last edited:
I didn't want to compromise the high speed low jitter master clock by running it over multiple boards and interconnects when I didn't have to !! As it is the master clock gets distributed on the one board using the shortest possible lengths and proper impedance controlled traces ;)

cheers

That is an answer I like!

Well thought out design.

I kind of like the thought, but I am not too sure it is as relevant as it might seem.

Oh it is probably more relevant than it may seem ! Small details in implementation of digital circuits can have audibly different results. ESS is especiially sensitive to implementation. If you read Sterophile reviews where they publish results of Audio Precision testing, you can get an idea which companies know what they're doing in that regard.

I have two product suggestions:
Can statistics gathered in the DSP be displayed?
Could be interesting to implement a "True peak"/+0dBFS meter according to annex 2 in
http://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/rec/bs/R-REC-BS.1770-4-201510-I!!PDF-E.pdf

The last one is "over the top" and just for entertainment:
http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/238024f.pdf
Using a ADC like this the user could choose high bandwith and more noise or lower bandwith and less noise:)
Extreme low noise can be achieved for bass applications with analog in.

I have been following this thread, but got lost a bit.
Can you somehow summarize and add a percentage to the activities done on the project, please?
Not sure if it is possible for you to modify the first page write some kind of log there.

Thanks!!!

I will update my website with the latest information and specs.

Basically the main DSP board is almost ready for production. Just got to sort out the BOM as well as testing the ADC which I am in the process of ordering.

Has anyone had any experience with assembly houses in the US or china etc ? I have a few in mind but just like to get others feedback.

cheers
david

Last edited:
I did but I didn't want to compromise the high speed low jitter master clock by running it over multiple boards and interconnects when I didn't have to !! As it is the master clock gets distributed on the one board using the shortest possible lengths and proper impedance controlled traces ;)

cheers

David,

whats the current implementation?
Is the USB interface isolated and re-clocked and from there everything including and DAC and DSP run syncronously off the low jitter clock?

Bad news regarding the Sabre ES9102 ADC. No stock available anywhere so I can't test it :( Seems that the first run of boards will be earmarked for people who only want digital inputs.

Also I have started a facebook page and created a new name for the product so people can keep track of minor updates that are better posted on the facebook page instead of clogging up this forum.

https://www.facebook.com/Analog-Precision

cheers