Heybrook HB1 problem with tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the links in place, you would short circuit your amp if you mistakenly connected it across red/red or black/black instead of correctly across red/black.

If the links are on the outside, everyone who uses the speaker will know that it is able to be bi-wired. The links are removed for bi-wiring.

Putting the links on the inside makes bi-wiring impossible. The user would not know that because he wouldn't see that the internal links were in place.

Nothing to do with current, but everything to do with practicability

Last edited:
There will be nothing wrong with these film capacitors.

The fault is obviously in the tweeters themselves.

I can't get the YouTube video to open just now, but, as fatmarley has suggested, the problem sounds like dried up magnetic fluid in the tweeters.

If you have a spare tweeter, or even a small loudspeaker driver, you can try connecting it up to the crossover in place of a Vifa tweeter. If the spare tweeter works you will know that the crossover is OK.

Hello.
I send a photo a capicitor from my tweeter. This is two pairs. They have 2.2 uf all for? This mean its 4.4uF for tweeter. I HAVE RIGHT?

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_213741.jpg
    IMG_20200921_213741.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 48
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.