Here's My Usher/Altec Horn Loaded Open Baffles...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: RWTWR Open Baffles!

chops said:
BTW, I'm contemplating on incorporating 4 ripoles into my OB's (2 per side, 1 on top, 1 on bottom) using 15" pro drivers with a decent amount of xmax and efficiency.

If I were to do this, I would have the single slot facing forward going through the OB's and have the other two slots facing the rear towards the wall.

From my personal experience those ripoles should be toed in 45° or even more (mine are 60° now). This did wonders to attenuate my first longitudinal and lateral room modes.
measurements here
So just preserve the ability to rotate those ripoles and test for yourself.

Re: Re: RWTWR Open Baffles!

Rudolf said:

From my personal experience those ripoles should be toed in 45° or even more (mine are 60° now). This did wonders to attenuate my first longitudinal and lateral room modes.
measurements here
So just preserve the ability to rotate those ripoles and test for yourself.

Thanks for the tip! My OB's are toed in quite a bit already, so that may not be a problem for me. Also, the room moded in my room always seem to favor bass in a good way. It's right around 20-30Hz.

The way my room is laid out, it's 13x17' with an 8' ceiling and pretty much sealed off from the rest of the house except for a 4x8' hallway that's roughly 30' long. That is in the right rear corner of the room, directly in front of my right speaker. I think that hallway acts as some sort of Helmholtz resonator for the room, which in turn results in fairly strong low-end support.

I'm in Lakeland.

Here's a little something I did today for my system. I bought some clear LED rope from my store and mounted them behind my loudspeakers just for some indirect lighting while just listening to music late at night. I'll get some better shots at night when it's actually dark in the room.

p697752452-4.jpg

p710801292-4.jpg

p589781756-4.jpg

p699820633-5.jpg

p751752888-5.jpg

p549766070-4.jpg

p814269779-4.jpg

p1021887294-4.jpg

p906708848-4.jpg

Brett said:
Did you need to turn down the HF EQ?

What?!

Is that an RBX or Soundgear bass? I'm guessing the Ibby, but my monitor is shot.

5-string Soundgear SR305DX with RotoSound round-wound strings.

Anyway, I've got a couple updates...

1) I just ordered a Behringer DCX2496 digital xover which I will be using on the front three channels. At the same time, I ordered an AudioSource AMP100 which I will be using to bi-amp the center channel (one channel for the woofer, one channel for the horn).

2) Not that anyone cares (which is apparently quite obvious), I added one more rope light to the bottom of the couch and took a few new night shots.

p86977584-4.jpg

p211736042-4.jpg

p37488523-4.jpg

p230387110-4.jpg

p155447794-4.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
chops said:
Umm, no... Get yourself a faster internet connection.

Hate to say it Chops, but that's just wrong.

<rant on> Get yourself a better imaging program, or learn to use what you have. There is no reason the photos you post should be over 70K, max. 45-50K is more in line. The 150K+ images are just a waste of bandwidth, fast connection or not. And not everyone in the world has the luxury of a high speed connection. My father lives in Florida and was only able to get high speed last year. He's been singing the dial-up blues since 1993.

The lack of knowledge in the area of imaging, from otherwise smart people, never ceases to amaze me. But I suppose I have an unfair advantage, as I work in the image biz and still remember 9600 baud modems as "fast".

For windows XP you could get a "Power Toy" from Microsoft that would allow right click image resizing & re-compression. Vista probably has it built in.

Sorry for the rant, but it's one of my pet peeves. <rant off>

I'm well aware of imaging myself, I've been dealing with it for quite a few years as well. I have Photoshop CS3, Lightroom, Neat Image and a couple others. For web hosting, I have Dreamweaver and FrontPage. I no longer host my own site and no matter where I look up my current site on other computers, everything always loads up fast.

Did you ever stop to think that it just might be the forum that's slowing things down?! Nooo... Of course not.

You all can rant and complain all you want, I'm not going to change my ways. Nobody else on other forums complain about the images, and even a few have asked me what I use because the images look great and load faster than most.

This thread is as good as dead anyway since no one ever keeps anything on topic. So, whatever...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.