Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
steenoe said:
Sorry Hanzwillem I didnt meen to imply it was. I do understand, if you guys are getting a bit impatient. (did I get that right:xeye: )

Steen:)

You got that right :) I am very busy anywayz, but I have some malfunction in my current unbalanced bosoz. But since I have a perfect working Aleph 30 since a few months I wanted to update it when possible...

steenoe said:
Malfunctions is just the thing for this forum! Especially when its the BosoZ:) (our pet preamp) Please let us know what the prob is? I am sure someone can answer:)

Steen:cool:

Well, I know what the problem is. It is the bias resistors that get too hot. They probably are not rated high enough, I just found ones that looked big enough to handle the power. But they are now completely white, and I should replace them, but I am just too lazy I guess ...
It is just that I like the sound of my bosoz that much better (since it is still functioning) than my boz, which is sitting without use in my bookcase... pity...

DaveM said:
Bad news.:( Paypal only accepts claims that are made within 45 days of payment. I just filed a claim and at the end it tells you that your complaint has been recorded, but there will be no action. Dead end. Maybe we can use it to get an address though.

I was just thinking that at this point this is a federal fraud situation. I don't like this one bit, but I don't like being screwed either.

DaveM

PayPal is pretty much useless in these cases. Instead of trying to get PayPal to do something have your bank or credit card company reverse the charges from PayPal. Then PayPal can deal with getting the money back from the seller on its own. That is what I did and received a refund within 48 hours. I ordered boards from Kari's website in September. Boards never arrived, received no response to multiple emails inquiring about the order, and now the website no longer exists. This is the third person from this board in 2 months that has failed to deliver something I purchased. Lesson learned. Luckily, Peter Daniel has been the exception to this string of bad luck and is now the only person on this board I will purchase anything from.

Wade

wdavis009 said:

PayPal is pretty much useless in these cases. Instead of trying to get PayPal to do something have your bank or credit card company reverse the charges from PayPal. Then PayPal can deal with getting the money back from the seller on its own. That is what I did and received a refund within 48 hours. I ordered boards from Kari's website in September. Boards never arrived, received no response to multiple emails inquiring about the order, and now the website no longer exists. This is the third person from this board in 2 months that has failed to deliver something I purchased. Lesson learned. Luckily, Peter Daniel has been the exception to this string of bad luck and is now the only person on this board I will purchase anything from.

Wade

I must be one of the 2 you had bad luck with then. I'm sorry your boards didn't arrive. I did refunded your money after the post office told me I was out of luck and ate the loss of the boards.
My reasons for selling you the boards was to help a diyer out. Leason learned?

regards

Dave

phoneisbusy said:

I must be one of the 2 you had bad luck with then. I'm sorry your boards didn't arrive. I did refunded your money after the post office told me I was out of luck and ate the loss of the boards.
My reasons for selling you the boards was to help a diyer out. Leason learned?

regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

No, you weren't who I was referring to. You were very honest and a pleasure to deal with even though the boards didn't arrive. I was stiffed by two other people who have actual websites, and therefore have taken on a commercial responsibility to deliver what they sell. I should have been more clear.

Wade

wdavis009 said:

Hi Dave,

No, you weren't who I was referring to. You were very honest and a pleasure to deal with even though the boards didn't arrive. I was stiffed by two other people who have actual websites, and therefore have taken on a commercial responsibility to deliver what they sell. I should have been more clear.

Wade

Open mouth. Insert foot.

Wade,

I apologize for being curt. I'm afraid I've been a bit touchy about this issue because I've purchased and conversed with Anthony serveral times and consider him a friend.

I hope this issue gets resolved and serves as a reminder that organizing a group buy entails a lot of responsibility.

I've only had positive dealings with members of this forum. It's regrettable that you've experienced such a bad string of luck. I really do hope your future experiences will be more positive.

regards

Dave

volume control

Can I ask a question? ok,

What's the advantages and disadvantages of using a non-specified volume control, say 50K instead of the "stock" 5K? Will it cause HF or LF to roll? Will it mess with output impedance?

I've used a 50K (I think) on my BOSOZ, but I recall putting something in parallel to reduce the effective resistance. Good idea or is there a better technique for using out-of spec vol control?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.