Half Chang build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I finally assembled my Half Changs. Not yet finally sealed, just with a coulpe of wood screws. First listening impression was too much HF. Then with 3.6R in series much better.
Acoustic instruments and female vocals sound awsome!
The only concern I have is quite poor bass, which I have expected to be more solid and simply stronger. I don't need to rumble my house walls, just would like to hear a solid drum foot or bass guitar.
The cabinet is lined by egg crate foam - top, back and one side, as recommended.
The foam is one inch thick.
Please have a look at the pictures and advise.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Than you for the advise how to upload pictures!
Regarding my bass complains, I have read whole the thread and now I know that drivers need 100 hours playing to show their full presence.
I would like you just validate the lining, before I finally glue them.

Attachments

• IMG-0957 (Medium).JPG
    IMG-0957 (Medium).JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG-0958 (Medium).JPG
    IMG-0958 (Medium).JPG
    101 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hi Dave,

thank you for your input.
So the natural felt 10mm thick and density 1000g/sqare meter will work better?

I haven't permanently attached the last side yet, as I want to solve the lining issue before. For a test the side was attached with a dozen or so of a wood screws.
Finally I intend to attach it with a polyurethane glue, which will also seal the slits.

Hi guys,

Please see what I have found. This is a recycled cotton made nonwoven, 10mm thick and 800g/m2 dense.
Mainly used in automotive and housewares for damping.

Do you think this can work properly?

Attachments

• 2020-01-22 08_28_18-FILC POROSO 20mm 1m2 - Filc 20mm - Acoustic-Trade - Vivaldi.png
    2020-01-22 08_28_18-FILC POROSO 20mm 1m2 - Filc 20mm - Acoustic-Trade - Vivaldi.png
    792.6 KB · Views: 192
Hello guys,
Hope you are all safe in this tough time.

I have finished building my Half Chang cabinets, just waiting for coating.
As I'm going to use Fostex 206en I should apply correction circuit (1mH inductor & few ohms resistor).
1) could you please confirm whether 5W resistor is going to be durable enough ?
2) inductor's resistance 0,85 ohm is okay or should be lower?

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.