Half Chang build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am near the end of a Half Chang build with Fostex 167e drivers. I just need to glue the last side in place, but I’ve been listening to them for several days with the sides clamped on. The drivers are well broken-in, having been used for a few years in a previous design. Still, the mids are a bit too forward-sounding for my tastes – which wasn’t the case when I had the same drivers in ML-TL enclosures.

I’ve never used a BSC. What would be appropriate for the 167e in Half Chang cabs? I’m guessing around 1.5mH and 4-6 ohms based on what I’ve read elsewhere on the forum.

Half Changs

Thanks Scottmoose:

"You could, at the price of needing a wad of correction."

I don't want to do that, and besides, I don't know what to do to make them work with another speaker.

I think I will wait until a design change that will use a speaker that is available before I build any of the Changs.
Peter C.

HalfChang rebuild

Hi all.

This is kind offtopic, but anyway i would like to show, my HC rebuild.
As some of you allready knows, i was never really satisfied with my HC's, so i decided to add something, and this is what it ended like :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104415553174395854307/HalfChangRebuild#

Really, this is a lot more the speaker for me now, but i think, it's maybe more, my like, cause a freind of mine, likes the "old" HC, better due to it's topend... ! but its all a matter of taste... :cool:

They sound a lot more sparkling, and lifefull to me now !

Jesper.

It's a 207E, the tweeter is some scanspeak.

The stock FE207E, is actually what the HC's are made for. - Remember to let them break in for at least 100+ hour's music playing....

Before i rebuild them, i used a coil / resistor at the input, for giving them a little more bass... but again this is individual taste.

Jesper.

Half Curvy Chang

I was thinking of this. When I will build it is not known now, maybe in a few months.
Peter C.

Attachments

• HalfCurve Chang.gif
    HalfCurve Chang.gif
    91.8 KB · Views: 452
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.