• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: TPA3251_TPA3255 Amplifier board and ADAU1701 DSP Pre-Amp board

Joined 2018
Paid Member
My tpa3255 2 channel came today. It was well packaged and looks great.
it does rattle a little for some reason and I wasn't sure about why there are two power inputs. I'm assuming that I only have to hook up one of them?

Only one power....NOT both!
The screws in the green terminal rattle when not tightened down.

no shipping mail, no tracking number... nothing:sleep:

Let's be patient. 3e must have a lot of packaging to do. The invoices went out over quite a period ot of time so shipping also may take some time to dispatch.

The SMPS can provide up to 1A max (0.5 nominal)

I went through the EDSP data sheet but I could not find power consumption, maybe I missed it but I'm hoping some one can clarify.

Also what/how is digital power supply works is it through the USB? What would be suitable power supply?

The SMPS can provide up to 1A max (0.5 nominal)

I went through the EDSP data sheet but I could not find power consumption, maybe I missed it but I'm hoping some one can clarify.

Also what/how is digital power supply works is it through the USB? What would be suitable power supply?

the current consumption below 200mA
4.3.JPG
see the power connection for power this board,the simple way is just use Micro USB

I'm having a little trouble with my tpa3255. There's as good a chance that it's something I did as it is a problem with the board, though it was making a slight rattling sound when it got to me as if something might be loose underneath the heat sink.

Right now, the red power light goes on and the white reset light appears to cycle through, but no signal comes through my speakers. The speaker outputs are fine. I'm using an unbalanced source, so I'm worried that I might not be hooking it up properly to the board's balanced input. One source recommended linking the negative and ground together (yellow and black) to run to the ground side of the RCA's. Result no sound. Another recommended just running the red and leaving the yellow negative completely disconnected (no sound either). I suppose the other possibility is to run the red + to the positive of my RCA jack and the yellow - to the RCA ground, but no source seemed to recommend that so I haven't dared try it.

The board smells clean, so I don't think I've fried anything and it looks to be very well assembled. I'd like to make sure that it's not me, before I start dealing with 3e. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc.?

I'm having a little trouble with my tpa3255. There's as good a chance that it's something I did as it is a problem with the board, though it was making a slight rattling sound when it got to me as if something might be loose underneath the heat sink.

Right now, the red power light goes on and the white reset light appears to cycle through, but no signal comes through my speakers. The speaker outputs are fine. I'm using an unbalanced source, so I'm worried that I might not be hooking it up properly to the board's balanced input. One source recommended linking the negative and ground together (yellow and black) to run to the ground side of the RCA's. Result no sound. Another recommended just running the red and leaving the yellow negative completely disconnected (no sound either). I suppose the other possibility is to run the red + to the positive of my RCA jack and the yellow - to the RCA ground, but no source seemed to recommend that so I haven't dared try it.

The board smells clean, so I don't think I've fried anything and it looks to be very well assembled. I'd like to make sure that it's not me, before I start dealing with 3e. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc.?

Have you checked the manual? See section 4.

For unbalanced input, you only use pins 1 & 2 of connectors J1 & J2, and then set the J3 and J4 jumpers accordingly

Have you checked the manual? See section 4.

For unbalanced input, you only use pins 1 & 2 of connectors J1 & J2, and then set the J3 and J4 jumpers accordingly

Thanks Yatsushiro! I'd checked the manual, but missed the jumper settings, because I was looking for "balanced" "unbalanced" instead of "single ended" "differential".
The jumpers were the issue.

First impression is that the thing sounds great. I'd picked up one of the E-bay YJ audio 3255's with bluetooth and subwoofer out to try out the chip. Not that surprising, but the 3e is pretty clearly better. Kudos to 3e!

Thanks Yatsushiro! I'd checked the manual, but missed the jumper settings, because I was looking for "balanced" "unbalanced" instead of "single ended" "differential".
The jumpers were the issue.

First impression is that the thing sounds great. I'd picked up one of the E-bay YJ audio 3255's with bluetooth and subwoofer out to try out the chip. Not that surprising, but the 3e is pretty clearly better. Kudos to 3e!

:D

I've had my 3e 3251 board since the beginning of last year, and noted that the latest manual is lacking any reference to the J3 & J4 jumpers.

Just waiting for my DSP board to arrive...

Hi, my package arrived today, but some problems occured:
I had to pay an extra fee of 36,04€, which includes: 21,16€ import tax and 14,88€ DHL-provision.

After phoning around like a maniac the situation is as follows:

on the invoice a total of 28$ was given, but according to german customs office, no specific shipping costs were given. (Obviously, the freight costs are included in the "total" on the invoice, but as it seems the customs office cannot read properly.)

Thus the customs office added a flat shipping cost of 86€ on the total from the invoice, which results in a sum of around 110€, therefore a import tax of 21€. DHL payed the tax in advance, but accounted a sum of 14,88€ for it.

Funny enough, i already have 3 TPA-Amps and 2 DSP-boards via ebay, which arrived without a problem.

.... now as far as things went, i need a confirmation of 3e-Audio that the invoice-total already includes the shipping cost. With that confirmation, i can at least fill an appeal to the customs office to at least get back the import tax, the DHL-fee will be lost anyway.

@All
Please find DHL track number,
most of the package had been sent out(some of them already receive)
except:Hong Kong,Chile,Ukraine,UK,UAE,will ship out early next week.

for @Germany
DHL request the invoice total value MUST higher than $27,so please be aware that Tax maybe require from your local custom.and please understand this is from you local country rule to DHL,other shipment agent maybe not.
thanks for understanding!

View attachment DHL_No_20190308.pdf