Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Just posted this on youtube last night... It still in the development stage.

bluetooth relay demo -- audio source selector - YouTube

Anyone interested in a Raspberry PI? I've picked up a bundle, but still waiting on a few suppliers to round out my package.
I've got Raspbery Pies, usb to ethernet adapters, clear plastic cases, 3ft network patch cables, a few usb to micro usb cables. (Still waiting on SD memory cards, and power adapters).

I have a R-Pi controller, SD card and power supply but haven't done anything with it as yet. Too little time - too many projects...

I haven't kept track of everything here. But, do we have a power amp and speakers?

One day I dream of finishing an amp based on this prototype:

https://vimeo.com/68747203

This is probably the most direct way to assemble an amp - connect all the components with crocodile clips :p. Hey, I also saw a speaker with its cabinet made from a carton box :eek:. Wonder how does the speaker sounds.

I have to agree with Jaimo, the sound is decent enough. Is this your current project, iko?

Regards,

2.30 - 5pm

Last time, we packed up around 5:15 pm.

That's about right. We'll aim to wrap up around 5pm and likely clear the building by 5.15. We all have families and dinner to get to. 2 1/2 hrs sounds like a lot, but it will fly by.

Generally some great information exchange, good fellowship and some fine project show and tell.

I look forward to reconnecting with all at 2.30pm
See you then
Walter

It was great seeing everyone! It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon - listen to some nice music, chatting with fellow diyers about our hobbies, on-going projects etc.

This time around, IKO's preamp made some spectacular loud noise and flashes :eek: Fortunately, no big damages even after a few "bang"! We have to wait till next meet up for a chance to hear the preamp :D!

Both jaimo's(ODAC and amp) and Merlin's (wire amp) headphones amps are great! Now I am tempted to get a can and one of those amp.

Thank you again to Walter to host the meet, and DUG to bring the speakers and amps, and everyone that showed up.

Until next time! Have a good summer everyone!

Regards,

some pictures

And some photos.

Listed from memory... :)

Correct me if I am wrong...What am I saying...I forgot where I was posting :)

785 jaimo's ODAC and amp

786 TL DUG's TPA3116 / LM1036 amp / tone control (finally in box)
786 BL merlin2069er's Lightspeed attenuator
786 BR jaimo's transformer attenuator

787 setup

789 L merlin2069er's Lightspeed attenuator
789 M merlin2069er's Headphone amp WIRE ??
789 R jaimo's transformer attenuator

790 IKO's preamp and its power supply

791 mini headphone amp...jaimo's ??

792 headphone listening

Good meet and good sounds.

Thanks Walter...good room.

Attachments

• IMG_0785-b.JPG
    IMG_0785-b.JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0786-b.JPG
    IMG_0786-b.JPG
    481.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0787-b.JPG
    IMG_0787-b.JPG
    585.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0789-b.JPG
    IMG_0789-b.JPG
    508.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0790-b.JPG
    IMG_0790-b.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0791-b.JPG
    IMG_0791-b.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0792-b.JPG
    IMG_0792-b.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 71

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
This is probably the most direct way to assemble an amp - connect all the components with crocodile clips :p. Hey, I also saw a speaker with its cabinet made from a carton box :eek:. Wonder how does the speaker sounds.

I have to agree with Jaimo, the sound is decent enough. Is this your current project, iko?

Yeah, my current long-term project. My shortest-term project is to fix the 26 preamp which died spectacularly in front of all of you, on account of my not paying attention and plugging B+ into filament voltage and vice versa. :( Also working on a pair of Cornu spiral speakers.

Thanks Walter, and everybody else, it was an enjoyable meeting. Sorry about the "accident" with my preamp. Next time it'll sing! (Soon to become famous words.)