Great sound from PA Coaxial?

I'm going to build moderate size loudspeakers for my TV systems :)
I want wide sweet spot so I thing about PA Coaxial 10" or 12".
I like Dynamikks Monitor series - wonder which BMS Coaxial are they use?
MONITOR Serie - dynamikks
Budget is about 1000Euro/two speakers (max).
I don't know what is better - coaxial with horn or without horn?
My types:
Beyma 12XA30/Nd
Beyma 12CXA400N
Fatail Pro 10HX230/12HX230
BMS 10"-12" (BMS 12CN680L is a bit too expensive but maybe sooo good)

The BMS drivers have the most advanced motor and look well designed at the throat/cone transition. Measurements online somewhere show good off-axis response.

The Vortex kits have been in the works for years for your exact application and perform well according to the charts. Based on the very solid Eminence Kappalite series.

The Faital drivers have nice wide dispersion into the upper octave according to the specs.

For the widest sweet spot you'll want a 1" throat. If I was my money I would go for the BMS 10C262 or 12C382.

Reactions: 1 user
The BMS drivers have the most advanced motor and look well designed at the throat/cone transition. Measurements online somewhere show good off-axis response.

The Vortex kits have been in the works for years for your exact application and perform well according to the charts. Based on the very solid Eminence Kappalite series.

The Faital drivers have nice wide dispersion into the upper octave according to the specs.

For the widest sweet spot you'll want a 1" throat. If I was my money I would go for the BMS 10C262 or 12C382.

Thx for advice - BMS 10C262 or 12C382 is now on top on my list. :)

Last year i made a speaker with the faitalpro 12HX230 driven by a Hypex plate amp.
It was just a mono speaker for outdoor purposes, but it sounded realy awesome.
(ca 50l @ 45hz tuning, corrected with dsp).
I can recomment it.

I like Faital Pro speakers (have two 18" - in boxes still) :)
It's cureless how 12HX230 sound with convencional amplifier. I think DSP add some quality to every speakers connected.

14CXN76 might be fun in the old JBL "Harkness"

ayvLLQ3.png

Last year i made a speaker with the faitalpro 12HX230 driven by a Hypex plate amp.
It was just a mono speaker for outdoor purposes, but it sounded realy awesome.
(ca 50l @ 45hz tuning, corrected with dsp).
I can recomment it.

I am almost certain that this will sound the best out of the lot. The faital stuff just seems to sound better than most. At least the drivers I have used.
Smooth and detailed.

Hi Guys,
Slightly OT, how about a 6 or 8 inch coaxial pro driver in 3 way with seperate Bass box tower made from a array of 6 or 8 inch woofers to match sensitivity ? Reason at least in my room, best position for bass is not always the best for mids & highs. If speakers are in 2 boxes, you can have better flexibility in positioning.

Thks