Going Active What DSP should I use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Ashly Proteas are now a 15 year old platform so there is a reason why they are going cheaply on the used market. I had more than a dozen at one point and had one failure over more than a decade of use so I'm a satisfied customer. The C versions were marketed to the live sound industry and the D versions to the commercial install sound biz so don't expect any home hifi features. The BSS FDS366T units were certainly better sounding but very tedious to program and the PC software is very long in the tooth and difficult to get running on modern OSs.

Do you have any examples of that ? I've been thinking of a dsp system based on RPi for a while.

I am interested in at least 8 outputs all controlable, for 4-way speakers.

I was planning to embark on a Pi3 running this HAT board:
Raspberry Pi Expansion Board

I have all the parts.

For software - Charlie Laub developed a spreadsheet for active filter modeling that spits out the necessary filter parameters to apply via LADSPA plug ins and ecasound (can't remember all the bits).

I am going to return to it some day. time and other projects got in the way.

I was going to feed it with MPD and local media

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.