• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Info to send to AOL email to ''Officially'' Sign-up for MI Pro GB

Hello Everyone,

Out of the 9 individuals who have signed up for the MI Pro GB via this forum, about 75% have sent me the email to my AOL address per the PDF document in posting # 1.

I will admit, probably too much information in that posting, so I have tried to make it a little easier for everyone. Attached is a JPEG screenshot that shows the type of information I need each person who has signed up to send to my AOL email address, i.e., mi_pro AT aol DOT com

I don't really care if you send the information via a table, you can simply send an email with the information to me so long as I can discern what information goes where.

Please note, if anyone who has sent me this information later on decides they want to change something around, (e.g., add or take away a particular MI add-on package, etc.) that is perfectly okay with me, (so long as you do such changes prior to the end of July 2018 when the MI Pro GB closes).

My point with the above is that you're not "locked in" to a given "type" of MI Pro order per se, (except I naturally don't want the baseline MI Pro order itself canceled unless exceptional circumstances preclude you from following through with the MI Pro GB order). Changing MI Pro add-ons or changing from MI Pro to MI "full package" or vice versa is perfectly permissible however.

V/R,

MI Pro

Attachments

• MI Pro GB - - Info to sent to AOL email address, i.e.,  mi_pro AT aol DOT com.jpg
    MI Pro GB - - Info to sent to AOL email address, i.e., mi_pro AT aol DOT com.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi MI Pro,
Thanks for that.

Just a point of view, even if MI Pro had the standard measurements only, it is a far more capable package with the ability to automate a series of tests. This represents a massive saving in time, and certainly makes sure you don't forget to do a measurement. Adding the integration adds another massive benefit for anyone who has purchased an RTX-6001. It's a no-brainer and certainly not expensive at all. On top of that, this GB offers a discount!

Debating whether some of the new measurements are useful or not doesn't get anywhere near the basic value of this testing suite. If anything, the addition of the additional tests is another strong value added thing to this package. As MI Pro stated, whether you use them or not is up to you. If you don't, their inclusion isn't going to hurt you either.

I have to say that I'm completely baffled as to why we haven't already blown past the 42 minimum required. I just don't understand how people are missing the obvious value of the software alone firstly, and the massive benefit of the integration with the RTX-6001. From all the software I've looked at, the $200 US this program sells for is a good deal even at list.

-Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your many valuable and exceptionally salient points you bring up in your posting. I am totally 100% on board with everything you state in your posting but I am admittedly biased for I’m the one who organized this MI Pro GB simply in order to get a custom API for my RTX6001, (consider me a selfish individual :)

I am more than a bit baffled that more RTX6001 GB purchasers have not yet jumped on board this MI Pro GB offer, but I think human nature on such purchasing decisions is to put off today what you postpone until tomorrow. I am guessing that as the official “crunch time,” draws near, we’ll have a lot more people signing up, i.e. end of MI Pro GB which officially ends on 31 July 2018. My guess is a lot of the RTX6001 owners are sitting on the fence on this matter since they know well they can join the MI Pro GB any time before the official end date of this MI Pro GB offer at this early stage.

For me, the GedLee Metric (Gm distortion) and NCD features of the MI Pro are simply something that highlight the massive differential in terms of features one gets for free with MI Pro vs. “traditional” audio analyzer software, i.e., pretty much all of them measure things like a device under test’s frequency response, THD, IMD, etc. I challenge anyone to name any audio analyzer in the world, to include Audio Precision, etc. that can also measure NCD and Gm distortion - - to me, the inclusion of these very worthwhile objective means of measuring audio distortion are simply icing on the cake in favor of MI Pro.

Again, I’m not worried about the MI Pro GB failing, I still am highly confident that as people research the competition and this matter more, many of them will end up joining in on the MI Pro GB offer.

I had and continue to think that the above makes the idea of soundcard based audio enthusiasts excited by the idea of jumping on board and getting in on this MI Pro GB. Assuming my hunch in this idea is correct, we could well end up getting MI Pro at a 21% discount from the normal price (depending on the # of MI Pro GB licenses signed up for) and of course all the MI add-on modules at a 10% discount too, (something not available anywhere else).

Why should this MI Pro GB be solely restricted to RTX6001 owners like you, I and not others as well? The answer is it should not, for MI Pro will work very well indeed on soundcard based measuring platforms too.

Thanks again for your great supportive comments Chris!

V/R,

MI Pro

Last edited:
Hi MI Pro,
I'm consider entering the GB list however there are some unclear points in the Virtinis licensing policy (at least for me).
Can you explain:
1. What functionalities includes the sole MI Pro package without the add-ons?
2. I suppose it is possible one to order some of add-ons later (of course on the regular price of 99$)?

Regards
Alex

Joined 2009
Paid Member
1. There is a function overview here.

2. It is also my impression that you can buy add-ons later. From the Virtins web site:
"Both softkey and hardkey are remotely upgradable, which means that you can purchase a lower-level license first and upgrade it later conveniently when necessary".

Thank you, JensH!
It wasn't clear till now for me what functionalities belong to the MI Pro and which are available via add-ons. Now I understand which is what.
May be I should wait for the MI Pro answer of the second question prior to enter the GB.

Regards
Alex

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your questions. Jens answer to you in posting # 66 sent you to the correct URL link, i.e., paragraph # 2 on that page under “function allocation matrix among different license levels” tabular chart that gives a nice overview of the different functions of the various MI licenses types.

In addition to the above, I think you should also consider the following too. MI Pro or above is what this GB is about, not anything below MI Pro. Please note that MI Standard only supports up to 32k FFT only while MI Pro supports far more (4M FFT). The NCD+N and GedLee Metric are also parked under MI Pro or above. MI Pro provides a lot other features as well, such as DDP viewer, transfer function measurement, etc.

In answer to the 2nd part of your question, the answer is “yes,” anyone is allowed to purchase the various MI add-ons after this MI Pro GB is over at full price vs. the 10% discounted price per add-on.

I would strongly recommend that you consider waiting and watching this MI Pro GB forum, especially towards the latter part of July 2018 as the GB end date draws closer. Depending on how many MI Pro GB licenses we end up having GB sales on, you could end up saving up to 21% off the cost of the normal price of MI Pro. Plus, if you participate in this MI Pro GB and end up picking it up for a better price, you can also pickup any MI Pro add-on module at a 10% discount at the same time too.

For this MI Pro GB thus far, by far and away the most popular add-on is the “Device Test Plan,” with the vast majority of MI Pro GB buyers so far opting to add that particular add-on to MI Pro (please see: Multi-Instrument - Device Test Plan by Virtins Technology).

As per my previous posting # 38 where I stated:

The nice thing is that with add-ons like MI’s “Device Test Plan,” more complex tests becomes far easier due to macros, etc. that allow a series of steps to be performed, (akin to the old Liberty Audio Instruments’ LAUD “Easy Scripts,” type of affair [but on steroids IMO]), see: LAUD Scripts -- user programmable, highly automated measurements (and read the paragraph entitled: “The Idea Behind Scripts”)

I like the above description written by Bill Walso for his long ago discontinued “LAUD” program for it highlights that when an audio analyzer program continues to add more and more worthwhile features that different end users desire, the interface becomes increasingly difficult to manage.

This same concept is applicable to any complex software that becomes “feature rich,” be it an audio analyzer or an advanced word processor, etc., i.e., the programmer has to figure out a way to enable the end user to use such features and the graphical user interface (GUI) becomes more complex as a result.

If you think about the above and its implications, you can see why 99% of all the current MI Pro GB owners have opted to purchase not only MI Pro, but the Device Test Plan add-on (the latter at the 10% GB discount price). The MI Device Test Plan is obviously a lot more modern and powerful than the LAUD DOS based “Easy Scripts,” but the ideas behind them are the same.

I personally love the way Bill wrote the description per the aforementioned URL link. His description in the paragraph I cite above is really germane to the whole rational for an add-on like Device Test Plan. The latter add-on, once properly configured / setup, will end up making your audio measurement life a lot simpler (ergo it’s massively popularity with the MI Pro GB members thus far).

I hope this answers your questions, if not, please feel free to ask further questions.

V/R,

MI Pro

Hello MI Pro - I'm in, just saw this thread. Will take a few days to wade through the information though to learn the details. :) I have one of JensH's amazing RTX6001s from the group buy.

Hello agdr,

Thank you for your posting. My whole reason for starting this MI Pro GB relates to the RTX6001 and my sincere and deep desire to make it work up to its potential via the custom API to control the RTX6001's internal attenuators and gains to allow for autoranging and autoscaling (just like all true professional class audio analyzers do, e.g., Audio Precision, dScope, etc.). Why should we live with the RTX6001 that isn't living up to its full amazing potential is my opinion? Sure, join the growing list of MI Pro GB adopters and allow your superbly engineered RTX6001 hardware to live up to its full potential! I hope to see you join the MI Pro GB list soon.

V/R,

MI Pro

@Ghianni,

Thank you for your question about the oscilloscope function in Posting #68.

Some of the oscilloscope parameters / functions in MI are hardware dependent, such as sampling rate, bit resolution, number of sampling channels and trigger function. For example, a USB DSO usually supports a much higher max. sampling rate (in the range of hundreds of MHZ to a few GHz) than a sound card (max. 768kHz), and has hardware trigger capability which a sound card does not have. In the latter case, the software will use software method to achieve functions like trigger mode, trigger edge, trigger source, trigger delay and trigger frequency rejection. After the data are acquired, the processing and analyzing functions in the time domain (oscilloscope),such as digital filtering, Demodulation, SINC interpolation, Time Delay Removal, are the same for all hardware supported. The software also allows you to switch from one hardware to another.

Last edited:
Major price model change to MI Pro GB for 1st 40 GB purchasers

Hello Everyone,

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): The current MI Pro GB marketing campaign does not reward early adopters with a financial incentive (discounts). I have therefore proposed a change and have just cleared it with Virtins to change the pricing of the MI Pro GB offer to incentivize people who may be “sitting on the fence” waiting until the MI Pro GB end date draws nearer (end of July 2018) with the below pricing model.

1. MI Pro GB orders # 1 through # 10 will get a $40 discount off of the current GB price. That works out to $199.90 USD per MI Pro license with the USB dongle, free shipping, etc.

2. MI Pro GB orders # 11 through # 20 will get a $30 discount off the current GB price. That works out to $209.90 USD per MI Pro license with the USB dongle, free shipping, etc.

3. MI Pro GB orders # 21 through # 30 will get a $20 discount off the current GB price. That works out to $219.90 USD per MI Pro license with the USB dongle, free shipping, etc.

4. MI Pro GB orders # 31 through # 40 will get a $10 discount off the current GB price. That works out to $229.90 USD per MI Pro license with the USB dongle, free shipping, etc.

In order to qualify for the discount you must do the following:

1. Sign on to the diyaudio MI Pro GB forum and post in the same way as diyaudio end user waltzingbear did per his posting # 72, please see: GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users - Page 8 - diyAudio

2. Additionally, you must also email my AOL email address with the MI Pro GB order per my posting # 61, please see: GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users - Page 7 - diyAudio

A person is not formally considered signed up for the MI Pro GB until both # 1 and # 2 above are accomplished. Having said this, the individuals below are considered qualified, for now, for the $40 discount (I say “for now” for three of them have not [yet] sent me the ordering information per # 2 above, but I will give them a week from now [15 June 2018 @ noon, EST zone] to send my AOL email address such MI Pro GB information). It would not be fair to not allot them some time to do so, (plus I have already sent private messages to most of them via the diyaudio forum on his matter as well).

1- anatech
2- kevinkr
3- lemon
4- PH104
5- douggoldberg
6- bk856er
7- mlloyd1
8- tjencks
9- agdr
10- waltzingbear

The above means that the $30 discounts for MI Pro GB orders # 11 through # 20 are still up for grabs, and so on.

Let’s address some other questions that may pop up. For example, what happens if the number of MI Pro GB licenses sold ends up dropping the MI Pro per license cost below even the above cited incentivized model discounts?

For example, if one looks at my MI Pro GB posting # 1 @ GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users - diyAudio and downloads the PDF document in that posting and looks at paragraph # 5 of the which is a table showing the MI Pro GB pricing model, if in the event the pricing on a per MI Pro GB license goes down due to the increase in sales of MI Pro per this table, than the given MI Pro GB purchaser will get the lower of the two prices (in the favor of the purchaser thereby not putting them at risk of paying more and saving them $$$).

To illustrate the above paragraph’s point, let’s say for hypothetical purposes, that by the end of July 2018 we have 112 people whom have signed up for the MI Pro GB thereby putting the price per MI Pro GB license at $190 USD per license. That means each MI Pro GB buyer will end up paying only $190 USD per MI Pro license, regardless of when they signed up for the MI Pro GB, i.e., with the USB dongle included and free express registered worldwide mail shipping.

Everything I have stated in my posting # 56 is still applicable as well, please see: GB for Virtins MI Pro for RTX6001 autoranging/autoscaling & for soundcard end users - Page 6 - diyAudio

Please post any questions or comments you may have.

V/R,

MI Pro

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.