• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for TPA3116/8 PBTL bare pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also like the two on one board idea for stereo - will this then include master/slave sync connections pre-wired between the two boards? Or is it that dual mono PBTL does not need master/slave clock sync?

You will have to select master/slave/gain resistor configuration and connect the two points using a jumper...I will have to search through 3116 thread for R/C combination that actually worked...TI sheets were incorrect.

Owners can experiment with master slave configurations.

:)

There is an option for the IC to come supplied. ($CDN7) 22 asked

There is an option for the IC to come soldered. ($CDN7) 9 asked

I am also putting together a Kit for a basic "get it running" level. (price TBD at this time) 8 asked

Unquote

Hi Dug,
I hope you can finalise the price for these options and place it on the first page of this thread.
I prefer the basic kit with IC soldered.
thanks

kp93300

Dug,

For the parts in the kit to get a sound, will these be of very high quality? If not, is it possible to get a list that has a corresponding recommended part? I have no knowledge as to what is brand to use in order to get HQ, I would not know head from the tail. I already tried several 3116 board and all of them needs modification, which I do not know where to begin.
Thanks!

I admit I am getting confused - for one stereo amp I'll need one board, correct? Price per board will be $8,-CDN, plus $22,-CDN for the chi,p plus $9 CDN for soldering, plus postage, correct?

Cheers,

The tpa3116D2DAD is a stereo IC (two channels) that each channel is a BTL.

There is an option of combining the channels in such a way as to double to output current capability. This configuration is called PBTL. (Parallel Bridge Tied Load)

The board I have made is a PBTL board.

Yes, you would need two for stereo.

There is an option for the IC to come supplied. ($CDN7) 22 asked

There is an option for the IC to come soldered. ($CDN7) 9 asked

I am also putting together a Kit for a basic "get it running" level. (price TBD at this time) 8 asked

Unquote

Hi Dug,
I hope you can finalise the price for these options and place it on the first page of this thread.
I prefer the basic kit with IC soldered.
thanks

kp93300

Good idea to put all on the first post...I had forgot about that function.

Dug,

For the parts in the kit to get a sound, will these be of very high quality? If not, is it possible to get a list that has a corresponding recommended part? I have no knowledge as to what is brand to use in order to get HQ, I would not know head from the tail. I already tried several 3116 board and all of them needs modification, which I do not know where to begin.
Thanks!

They will not be exotic "audiophile" parts.

They will correspond to the types of components suggested in the data sheet and/or ap note (and my preference.)

As a minimum there will be a "recommended" parts list with bare board purchase.

Parts will be available from Digi-Key and depending on how energetic I feel I might include parts available from Newark (Farnell) or Mouser.

To begin, either build the board and listen to it while reading the posts in " http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/237086-tpa3116d2-amp-372.html#post3985800 " or read the posts first and decide what direction you want to try and then build the board.

Make one change at a time...just like true experimentation.

Thanks for the efforts DUG. No offence but the explanation in this thread is very confusing for a newbie like me. I am sure it is pretty clear for most DIYers. I know it is a DIY forum and maybe I should not complain but I wish the options and what parts people can/will get would be more clear. Yes, I also want to order but do not know what to order. Again, thanks for your efforts DUG.

Thanks for the efforts DUG. No offence but the explanation in this thread is very confusing for a newbie like me. I am sure it is pretty clear for most DIYers. I know it is a DIY forum and maybe I should not complain but I wish the options and what parts people can/will get would be more clear. Yes, I also want to order but do not know what to order. Again, thanks for your efforts DUG.

Yes, it is a little disjointed.

To All:

Look for a revision of the first post later tonight.

Doug

No volume pot, no power supply, no speakers, no speaker cables, no source connectors, no enclosure, no mounting hardware.

:)

Doug

I thought you also included speakers and one with high sensitivity too, no? Joking of course!

Good answer:) I asked for details before and you gave it more than enough answer for what is not included :)

So, really what we will get is like YJ Blue/Black board if we want "get it running" level, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.