• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R-2R Volume Controller with 4 inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have encounter something like this (but not the same) in the past only when firmware was not programmed OK.
I am try-ing to reproduce this strange behavior I have seen on youtube on your video but can not to obtain that glitch to appear.
This is how my test board is behave :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWI_Yy5gCHA&feature=youtu.be

0.884V input -->
-43dB --> 5.5mV
-44dB --> 5.1mV
-45dB --> 4.5mV

Last edited:
Yep, that's it!
I uploaded again the appropriate fw and the problem with wrong volume level has gone!
Thanks guys.

I have uploaded a new video, that demonstrate the right function of R2R kit. I captured the 2nd issue, also. I changed the blue display for the capturing...

I think that a possible solution is that the numbers of attenuation to be big but the letter dB to be capital small at the low right corner. Thus, when the input will be refreshed, don't mix with dB letters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZODD4vHOe9M&feature=youtu.be

Yep, that's it!
I uploaded again the appropriate fw and the problem with wrong volume level has gone!
Thanks guys.

I have uploaded a new video, that demonstrate the right function of R2R kit. I captured the 2nd issue, also. I changed the blue display for the capturing...

I think that a possible solution is that the numbers of attenuation to be big but the letter dB to be capital small at the low right corner. Thus, when the input will be refreshed, don't mix with dB letters.

Thanks !
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Any suggestion is appreciated and if we can implement, will do.

Regards,
Tibi

Yep, that's it!
Thanks guys.

It is very unlikely to happen that I was not believing my eyes when I saw that .
Then look at the code and see that sometime it is possible to happen (so rare that for me never appear because someone need to press in certain way buttons but you have already 2 with the same bug !!!!!) sooooo : v3.13 will resolve this.
Attached the hex .
As usual ATM16_R2R_LCD_Vicol_v3_13_fara_tr_diy_audio for the one without transistors Q1 ... Q6 and
ATM16_R2R_LCD_Vicol_v3_13 for the one with Q1...Q6 on board.

Attachments

• ATM16_R2R_LCD_Vicol_v3_13.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 59
  • ATM16_R2R_LCD_Vicol_v3_13_fara_tr_diy_audio.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Danzup, thanks for this rapidly correction of this issue.

Good work, guys! Just I updated it.

I would like to propose you an adding fw function, that maybe is very usefull to us and of cource could it be a plus from your company to others similiar products.

Many times many of us listen music and compare music devices (specilly sources or dac).
As we know for a demanding test listening, must to be calibrated the output of each input to amplifier to the same Voltage level.
I don't know if that is possible to your fw, but if we can to set different level of attenuation on each input will be great function!!!!

Danzup, thanks for this rapidly correction of this issue.

Good work, guys! Just I updated it.

I would like to propose you an adding fw function, that maybe is very usefull to us and of cource could it be a plus from your company to others similiar products.

Many times many of us listen music and compare music devices (specilly sources or dac).
As we know for a demanding test listening, must to be calibrated the output of each input to amplifier to the same Voltage level.
I don't know if that is possible to your fw, but if we can to set different level of attenuation on each input will be great function!!!!

Thanks ! I got same request from a recording studio. We are running current microcontroller at his limits. Will see if we have enough memory space, or this will be implemented in MAYA.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi and Danzup,

Having an odd issue when programming the input names... no matter what the input name is, for the first input the first character will be a curve from the top left to the bottom right (Have attached an image).

I followed the instructions from Danzup's post
"To Edit The Text Do This :
Use Ch + To Scroll Letter Up / Ch - Is Down
When You Have The Letter You Like To Use Press Vol+
Now It Show The New Letter On Line 2 You Have Letter & The Next Letter
Use Ch + Ch - To Select Next Letter And Push Vol + Ect Untill You Have The Text You Like To Use Max 7 Chars
Press Mute To Store The Text For Input In Eeprom(if You Have Used All 7 Chars It Auto Save The Text Use Vol - To Select New Text To Edit Or)
If You Like To Edit Other Input Text Use Vol - To Select The Input Text And Do The Steps Again(ch + Ch - Mute)
If You Are Done Edit Text Press Power On / Off On Remote(exit Edit And Return To Normal)"

The issue is, if I use the power on/off button, it'll tell me "Exit and No Save"... in this instance the character looks correct but isn't saved into the eeprom (losing power resets it back to CD). I have to press mute twice (one to save the input names... and another to leave the edit menu). This way, the input names are saved, but I get that weird character. This only happens for Input 1... the rest of the inputs work fine.

I have tried this on both 3.12 and 3.13.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 277
Thanks for reporting this.
Issue should be corrected now.

Regards,
Tibi

Thanks for the quick fix Tibi. Found another bug (last one for the night)... The last character remains when switching inputs (e.g. if input 3 has 7 characters... the 7th character will appear for the other inputs). If we replace all the rest of the inputs with 7 characters (filling the non-used character space with blank spaces), the controller will crash after a power down cycle. [sorry, I thought I could do without bugging you for another update]

Just checked again... I just editted two inputs (regardless of empty space or not) and the controller crashed while selecting inputs that have been programmed.

The only way to recover is to flash the firmware again.

Last edited:
Thanks for quick work... but sorry, the controller still crashes when my input 2 has 7 characters.

The crash is repeatable. Flash new firmware... power cycle. Input names... save... power down 30 secs. On next bootup, scrolling through the inputs (the one with 7 characters will be fully lighted up. Continue scrolling and the controller will crash.

Another odd thing... I've not seen "vdiyaudio" on my attenuator at all... only "Volume controll" (yes with a double L).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.