• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do those Cinemags smell horrible? Mine outgased for a while. I think they threw them in packing with wet varnish.

Yes! They do...very heavy solvent/varnish smell. Nice little units though.

As far as R13/14 my voltage is a little higher than suggested so I plan to cascade the jfets and use source resistors on them. According to the 6moons article Nelson indicates no audible difference in sound for the sake of stability.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
buzz if you do a spreadsheet add in the Primrose colum for 2x18V @ 300-400.
I am sure some will take the opportunity.
These will be nice transformers. A little shielding around the outside would not hurt with the exposed signal transformers here.

Getting the small transformers seems to be more difficult, and the most request I get to do. I am not interested in full package exposure. I dont think that helps our diyaudio micro-economics or whatever.
Other parts I am no expert on.
Dale CMF55, PRP and TX2575 I have all tried and liked. The sound of the transformer and FETs dominates the tone. So for a kit, my vote would be for CMF55 I guess. Dont take that too far. Still got that varnish smell in my head.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
tea-bag operations snow report

well post office isn't going to happen today.

Attachments

• IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 361
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Couple other thoughts. Make sure the LEDs are mounted correctly.
The positive anode is the small circle, the cathode side is larger square pad.
This may be backwards of some designs.

Also, I would not mount any outputs at first.
Only time I had a short was when I did not have all appropriate pins soldered on the daugter card male pins, or the female pins on the main board. I bring up slow with a variac, so did not smoke anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.