• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• HpartsOnly.gif
    HpartsOnly.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,013
  • MpartsOnly.gif
    MpartsOnly.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,001
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Sounds good. I am still waiting on my resistor order from Parts Connexion and need to order the trafo from Antek, which I will do today.

I got the antek trafo 0515 I think. 13 plus 5 for shipping.

I tested it last night. grounds tied together, blues in whatever mode.

I am going to try some different 220R's here. PRP, kiwame, koa speer and maybe takeman.

I got some AB carbon comps for the 470r per Salas' reccomendation, the rest of the shunt area is prp, I got takman for the B1 and matched sk170bls from Tech-DIY also for the B1, he also had matched Mosfets and as Mouser was back ordered, I them too.
I am pretty psyched about this one.

The 20k types are now available. I just bought one based on your recommendation. It looks like a great deal to me. Thank you for pointing it out.

3rd bit of info:

I got a response back from the ebay fella about the stepped pots. He says he will have 20k ones in about a week or so. I've asked him to email me when he has them.

They are DACT type ones with SMD resistors. I've used either 2 or 3 of them now and they work fine. Maybe not the smoothest ever, but a hell of a lot better than some I have tried on $$ amps. They don't click or pop as you moves through the steps. They feel a little "tight" which is probably good - better than the ones that feel kinda loose and sloppy. Anyway, heres the link to a 10k one he does.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270438683347

Oh yeah, the cost!! they're $25 + $4 shipping which is about €22 or STG£18

Fran

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Boards are in, shipping soon.

Looked what arrived in the mail.

I have stuffed some parts in them, they seem to fit.
Even a 1 watt carbon film fits into the 220ohm resistor hole.

I have few questions, , what sits to the right of the relays on the Mesmerize (looks like a tranny hole)? I also am confused which way the relays install, but I have not looked into it yet.

Also, Salas, I can't figure out the orientation of the LED's by looking at this or the flipside. The silkscreen looks all the same to me.

I will get these packed up and shipped out tommorow and Wednesday to the testers.

Overall, they look good to me.

Tea-Bag

Attachments

• hypnotizetop.jpg
    hypnotizetop.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 537
  • mesmerize1.jpg
    mesmerize1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 462
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Looked what arrived in the mail.

I have stuffed some parts in them, they seem to fit.
Even a 1 watt carbon film fits into the 220ohm resistor hole.

I have few questions, , what sits to the right of the relays on the Mesmerize (looks like a tranny hole)? I also am confused which way the relays install, but I have not looked into it yet.

Also, Salas, I can't figure out the orientation of the LED's by looking at this or the flipside. The silkscreen looks all the same to me.

I will get these packed up and shipped out tommorow and Wednesday to the testers.

Overall, they look good to me.

Tea-Bag

Any higher resolution? The thing on the Mesmerize is outline for a pot the size of an Alps blue.

Hold the board for reading ''Direct Coupled...'' normally from left to right.

The relays have a stripe along one small side. There they have pins 1 & 10. As you face the board, you install them upper row of 3 with the stripe looking down parallel to the side where the 9240's are, and says Direct Coupled blah blah. The low row of 3 faces up.

The 240s side Leds look all with cathode to the right. The 9240s side ones, cathode to the left. The ''power on'' Led near the 7812 looks cathode down towards Direct Coupled blah blah.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm wishing for higher resolution myself, but black is certainly way way cool!

I will bring the photo's to work today and see what I can do. The originals are about 5mb each on macro shot (and still a hair fuzzy).

Anybody know where I can post them full size? They got shrunk here, substaintially.

Yes, black, white, immersion tin solder pads. I am liking the fact I dont need to solder on TWO sides.:D

Does anybody have a copy of the old GB wiki for these boards?

I just checked at http://www.diyaudio.com/oldwiki/ and could not find the pre-site-update status of the pcb orders.

It would be a shame if we couldn't use the old wiki to contact the members who wanted pcb's before the hickup.

For creating new Spread sheet with GB requirement - Gamil user can use document facility to create an Excel file and share it for online editing. This could act as a temporary wiki if necessary. I can do that and share it for wiki alternative if Tea Bag needs it
Kannan