• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stuffed, most excellent, Power Supply boards.

and the Ever so sexy, rectifier boards.......Oooooh my...;)

Christian.......yeah, my F5 still isn't finished....but it's getting closer! Thanks to Steve Eddy!

Ron

Attachments

• Cviller PS 007.JPG
    Cviller PS 007.JPG
    604.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Cviller PS 008.JPG
    Cviller PS 008.JPG
    812.9 KB · Views: 358
Looks great, but where are the F5 boards and screws for the diodes? ;)

One board installed (almost) :) waiting on 3rd set of transistors to be installed (I just love the way they smell when smoking)

If those heatsinks don't keep the diodes cool, then ............I QUIT ! :D

Someday I'll hear them singing! At least your plywood F5 worked! This is my Karma for teasing you about the plywood.

Ron

Attachments

• Cviller PS 009.JPG
    Cviller PS 009.JPG
    727.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Cviller PS 011.JPG
    Cviller PS 011.JPG
    715.9 KB · Views: 310
acold7dusta,
If you are referring to the resistor next to the caps in the power supply then yes it is an R. It is used to bleed down the caps after powering down.

Christian, The diodes have a little hole that is made for a bolt/screw, the heatsinks have a little dimple/nipple that fits inside that hole. There is no way to put a bolt in the hole. Other than many tiny "C" clamps, do you have any suggestions of what to use? They really do NOT get even warm to the touch.

Thank you for all the nice comments. At this point it looks like garbage to me.
Ron

It might work if they can apply enough pressure on the device. If I were you, I would have drilled and tapped some holes.

Oh yeah, sure, make me feel bad. :rolleyes:

I ordered these clips today from Mouser. They are just what the doctor ordered. 4 1/2 lbs./sq. in. otta do it. Should be a perfect fit and won't melt! $0.23 each is worth not having to take the rectifier boards out and drill all 8 holes by hand, metal shavings everywhere.......Oh my! :eek:

Thanks for the link.

Ron

Attachments

• heatsink clip.jpg
    heatsink clip.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I need to request some assistance and don't know if this should go elsewhere.
But, my enthusiasm frequently out distances my knowledge and judgment.

I purchased two ginormous toroidal transformers that may become boat anchors if I can't regulate them down for the F5. I imagine I can easily get by using just one for this amplifier. But I don't mind being silly and strapping the two large mains and having separate boxes for each channel. I can always use them to do some arc welding when not playing music.

What sort of regulation comes to mind and how would I wire it? Any leads would be welcome.

Attachments

• Boat anchor toroid wiring diagram.jpg
    Boat anchor toroid wiring diagram.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 231
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.