• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you know, it's all well and good to say what is needed for the heatsinks for the F5 based on what Nelson put in the manual...however, looking at pictures of the F5, it appears to me at least that they are nowhere even close to as big as these latest ones from barredboss - am i missing something? I know he usually runs his products hot enough to fry eggs, but...

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I agree, the FW sinks don't have anyways near the number of fins for example and the fins are horizontal.

Of course more fins doesn't help if they don't allow air flow, but the BB fins are pretty well spaced... and 2.5" tall..

The Barred Boss heatsinks are in 8" lengths because he can stuff two in a flat rate box and ship them for $10

They are very nice boards indeed. Well worth the wait for his container. Just finished building mine set. Very professional look.
Rectifier diodes are slanted because they are the 2 legged version
MUR860.
Ron

Attachments

• img_1862 (custom).jpg
    img_1862 (custom).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 451
Hello,

I would like to order two boards and the psu boards as well, if they are available.

1. I'm new to the group buys. How do I pay, how does this work?

Thanks.

2. Also, do you have any other pcbs for past NP designs?

1. When I figure out how to do shipping from the US, I'll update my order site: http://viller.eu/gb
The site is connected to paypal, so it is fairly easy to use.

2. I'm a bit reluctant to give you a precise answer on this one because I'm currently in the planning process of something very interesting, but I'll hold the announcement back until everything gets settled. :bigeyes:

I would like to order the F5 boards, as well. I hope you arrive at a good shipping solution soon. FWIW, I sell a vaiety of items on E Bay and have used all of the major carriers. I now use the Postal Service, exclusively. They offer the best treatment of my packages and, in the end, that is the most important.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.