• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bobodioulasso said:
My F5 (Cviller board) is as i described, dual mono and quiet dead.
That's the opposite, the more channels on one common PSU the more problems with ground loops.

True unless you have gnd directly connected to chassis and use safety gnd...

specialidiot said:
My power supply board is up and running. I'm just missing a couple of parts for my F5 boards and I'm done.

I have + and - 29vdc from my PSU with no load. Is this OK?

Sounds a bit high, but it might be ok. Is the toroid 2x18VAC?

Attachments

• f5gnd.jpg
    f5gnd.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 866
initial rail reading

specialidiot said:

Thank you cviller, I appreciate the reply. I knew I'd bring it down a bit under load, but 29vdc seems high to me.

What is the correct gauge of wire to use for the power connections? I have 16 ga on hand.

Hi,
This was my 1st amp build (thanks N. Pass, C. Viller for boards, and U.Dailey for step-by-step power supply pictorial) and I bought my 1st multimeter and variac. I put everything together, plugged it in and slowly turned up the voltage to 125. I was very happy to see the little led lights glow. When I first measured the rails they were 29vcd!:eek: :eek:
Some things I thought were perhaps my toroid was incorrectly labled (antek 300va 18x18) or my variac was defective. I had to turn it down to 105 volts to achieve 24vdc rails. My initial reading across r11 was 0. After p1/p2 adjustment my rails were 25 at 120volts and generally I have measured 22 to 23.5 average off the mains.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.