• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
specialidiot said:
thanks for the replies. I have ordered the Antek toroid from the linked web site, it was painless and I already have the tracking number.

This enclosure looks pricey, but it should work. I guess the cost might not be too bad since it includes the heat sinks.
http://diyenclosures.com/products/chassis/diy1013HS/
You might want to confirm that heatsink is enough for the task first.

Uuhm, ...well, it is in the title block of my response.:D

But for those who missed it, here it is again: GN8128

Just make John w/ Antek aware that you are using the discount code when you order from him. If you use P$yp$l, include it in the comments section with your payment.

John's one of the good guys. ;)

bobodioulasso said:
Cviller
i would like to order two F5 PCB but , as it is my first post in this forum though i read it for a while, i can't email you. May be you could email me instead? It seems that i need your email adress to send you a payment with paypal. Do i need to fill the wiki too?

You don't have email activated so I cannot write to you, but you can find my email address on the wiki in my signature.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: heatsinks

specialidiot said:

I'm going to visit my local surplus joint tomorrow, and if they don't have any I think I'll buy qty 10 and recoup my shipping costs somehow.

labjr said:

Check out this thread. I've emailed Russ a couple of times with suggestions on coming up with a heatskink which will work for the F5 and be fairly universal for other high power power amps.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135932&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

LabJR,
I have the Surplus heatsinks we discussed earlier running with the PD F5 board. 3-4 hours and I can still grab the heatsink for a long time. The conrads (I have four of these now) I think are overkill for F5. The surplus heatsinks I have are ~13" X 7 1/2" X 1" fins (sorry for english measurements).
This weekend should be warm, so I will crank the house heat to 75F and run normal bias and let it run all day to see if it will have some room to run in the summer.
As we calculated earlier, these are .50 c/w sinks. If it's close, I will glue a bunch of PC heatsinks on the inside, since the board itself takes so little room.

Attachments

• heatsinkssmall.jpg
    heatsinkssmall.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 739
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.