• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Naah, what you really need is a spiffy amp like this ZenV9, set up as a current source amp. It does wonders for the Abby's, and one have to admit that they sound pretty enjoyable with that amp. This is my ZenV9 on Peters boards (It is still not a F3, no matter what you guys keep calling it;) )

:)

Attachments

• zen9.jpg
    zen9.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 731
Even better with the correct // filter attached. Seen here dangling at the back of the poor Abby. The filter brings extended bottomend (really needed!) and smooth out the harsh midrange (also needed!) Subjectively I think it extends the topend a bit too.

Attachments

• abby_filter.jpg
    abby_filter.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 662
Vacuum cleaner to the resque:D Great idea...
The most sensible thing to do with those heatsinks, is of course to have them cut in half and turn them around for getting the fins vertical. In that way they will easily cool the F5 (or F4) Small? no. Ever been fooled by a big donut;) BTW the F5 only dissipates 65 watts per channel. Not really an awfull lot. The sinks with my F5 on them are running at 45 Deg C, measured (with an IR thermometer) between the fins, right behind the fet's. They can run for years at that temp.

Great boards

Hi Christian,

the boards arrived a few days ago. I could first see them today as I was away on business.
They are beautiful. They are going to replace my F5s built with home-etched pcbs.
Compared to the Babbelfish and the F4 (which are both outstanding) the F5 is the amp I like best.

Thanks a lot for arranging this GB.

Cheers
Axel

Has anybody seen the bridge?

Got the boards, thanks!

cviller said:

If you have general questions, not answered in papas manual or here:
http://viller.eu/audio/2009jan_gbf5/gbf5_guide.pdf

just ask them.

Super-newbie questions:
I don't see spots on the PS board for diodes. Where does the bridge go? What part/parts are recommended (separate diodes, monolithic bridge), and should it be closest to the PS board or the transformer?

Thanks!

Re: Has anybody seen the bridge?

grenert said:
Got the boards, thanks!

Super-newbie questions:
I don't see spots on the PS board for diodes. Where does the bridge go? What part/parts are recommended (separate diodes, monolithic bridge), and should it be closest to the PS board or the transformer?

Thanks!

The (2) bridges go on the chassis. Somewhere between the transformer and the PS board. I don't think the location is critical.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.