• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gb: F5 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sonidos said:
Scribble,

Which Conrad heatsinks did you choose? I'm new to DIY and I want to make sure I get the right ones for the job since I'm not buying local and I don't want the hassles of a return.

There's a guy in USA currently having some heatsinks made for very reasonable cost. They will have 2" to 2-1/2" fins and be 10"-12" inch width extrusion and will cut to any length desired. He's been taking questions and suggestion for a few weeks now and hopefully will have them produced over the next month or so.

He's been an ebay seller for a few years now and seems to have a good reputation. So if you can hang in there something is coming soon.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135932

Joined 2007
Paid Member
cviller,

Thanks. I've checked around to see if I can find an adequate source here in the USA. I haven't had much luck unless I want to buy a more than a couple of meters of extrusion, which I don't really want to do.

I'll do some shopping and post my finds to be sure I get the right pair for the job.

cviller said:
Sonidos, if you post links to the sinks you plan on buying, I or someone else here might be able to tell you if it is sufficient.

The main ones im planning on trying are here, the MF35-151.5 with a Thermal Resistance
C/Watt for 80 °C rise of 0.21 degree's C.

The other ones here with a 120mm fan. MF18-151.5 @ Thermal Resistance Forced Convection 6.4 l/s (13.5 cfm)C/W of 0.13 degree's C OR Thermal Resistance Forced Convection 12.7 l/s (27 cfm)C/W of 0.11 degree's C.

Would the natural convection MF35's do it? im pretty sure forced convection MF18's would yeah?

Thanks for your time!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.