• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: CRCRC PSU

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The pin spacing in the LT4320 bridges is a little different than holes for the monolithic bridge on the CRCRC - no big deal as I can bend the leg a bit as they are jumper wires. But the bridges will be more performance, less heat, and lower cost than 8 TO220 diodes, 4 SK heatsinks, and 16 film caps. Those Class A rectifiers were always a pain to setup and build.

The pin spacing in the LT4320 bridges is a little different than holes for the monolithic bridge on the CRCRC - no big deal as I can bend the leg a bit as they are jumper wires. But the bridges will be more performance, less heat, and lower cost than 8 TO220 diodes, 4 SK heatsinks, and 16 film caps. Those Class A rectifiers were always a pain to setup and build.

yes, the pin spacing on the LT4320 bridge PCB is 5.08 mm, whereas hole spacing on the CRCRC PCB its 5.33mm. Shouldn't pose a problem I guess.
yes definitely should be very easy to build and can be used on any design of the PSU.
Please note that there is a LED and resistor on the back side and also an electrolytic cap (10uf) can be soldered and made to stand above the board (like a flag). this should make it as a complete rectifier in itself and with visual indication too.

especially for CRCRC, they should be able compensate for some of the voltage dropped through the RC stages.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Prasi,
Did you ever post a schematic with part numbers for the active bridge? I noticed this is an 8pin SMT and different than the 12pin MSOP package I used. DFNs are a bit trickier to solder as there are no exposed leads like MSOP. Just confirming you are specifying the LT4320xDD package? Let us know if you have a dual die n channel low Rdson MOSFET in mind. I was going to suggest the SQJQ910 as a possibility. Maybe you spec’d all of this but I must have missed it. Good call to add an indicator LED on backside and optional electrolytic. Thank you for including these as gifts with our CRCRC orders. If folks give this a try and use it instead of the bank of 8 x TO220 MUR diodes and their requisite heatsinks and caps, you will find improved voltage headroom, lower (none) switching noise, and almost no heat dissipated for a cooler running amp. Plus, overall cost is less than traditional route and it’s faster and easier to build.
Thanks,
X

Last edited:
Hi Prasi,
Did you ever post a schematic with part numbers for the active bridge? I noticed this is an 8pin SMT and different than the 12pin MSOP package I used. DFNs are a bit trickier to solder as there are no exposed leads like MSOP. Just confirming you are specifying the LT4320xDD package? Let us know if you have a dual die n channel low Rdson MOSFET in mind. I was going to suggest the SQJQ910 as a possibility. Maybe you spec’d all of this but I must have missed it. Good call to add an indicator LED on backside and optional electrolytic. Thank you for including these as gifts with our CRCRC orders. If folks give this a try and use it instead of the bank of 8 x TO220 MUR diodes and their requisite heatsinks and caps, you will find improved voltage headroom, lower (none) switching noise, and almost no heat dissipated for a cooler running amp. Plus, overall cost is less than traditional route and it’s faster and easier to build.
Thanks,
X
Hello X , thanks.
Here are the schema and BoM for both versions of the ideal bridge rectifiers.
ver1. without AC snubbers (smaller PCB- 21.5mmx30mm)
ver2. with AC snubbers (bigger PCB- 25mm X 30mm)

I was unable to include these in all the packages as I ran out of rectifier PCBs.

The BoM attached is for the rectifier with snubber components.

I had in mind , the SQJB00EP mosfet , which is will generate about 10mW/ amp more than the mosfet you suggested above. Still should work well in the design.

Regarding the LT4320 package, I have incorporated options for both DFN as well as DIP08 package. Only those who are good with smd soldering may attempt soldering DFN package.
here is an example by EEVblog guy
YouTube

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• ideal bridge layout no snubber.png
    ideal bridge layout no snubber.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 664
  • sch no snubber.png
    sch no snubber.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 11,212
  • ideal bridge layout with snubber.png