• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: CRCRC PSU

Hi Prasi, thx for your active rectifier board, I use it on CRCRC PSU working well

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_021924.jpg
    IMG_20200225_021924.jpg
    979.8 KB · Views: 443
thanks for posting your build ckwong!.
very nice build indeed and built exactly how its meant to be built.

I see 2 blue wires going to the CT tab. Can you tell me what they are?

There are tabs just adjacent to main ground tab on the output side marked JP1 and JP2.
They are meant for the small signal ground for the lowest noise.
regards
prasi

Hi Prasi, the two blue wires, I just source the AC directly for both amp boards DC protection and relay portion (I take a marked A point not the A')
And you mentioned JP1&2 tab for small signal, I will try connect it to compare the sound, when the input signal GND attach on the Amp board.
Thx for your reminding��

Hi,

I am planning to place orders for few boards after the current lockdown in India is relaxed and people and companies will start working again. So, i am presently collecting interest from members so that all orders (this psu, lt4320 smd / THT rectifiers, etc) can be placed at one go.

All the specs of boards are mentioned above , but would like to mention a few more features.
1. it can take up LT4320 active rectifier bridge from my another GB instead of the regular diode bridge (LT4320 based active rectifier). The LT4320 will make up for loss of headroom due to CRCRC slightly.
2. it can take up TO-220 power resistors if ordinary resistors are not preferred.
3. With a bit of imagination, one could even connect a small CMX like my design posted for (Gtose and Mark Johnson CMX.
4. lot of options for resistors, capacitors and even diodes (to-220 and to-247)
5. with on-board snubbers one can eliminate transformer ringing with a proper jig from Mark Johnson's thread on quasi-modo snubbers.

I am currently working a slightly modified design of the LT4320 SMD rectifiers and will be able to place orders at the same time as this board. I can even manufacture a few boards of cap multiplier if any one is interested in that and be able to ship all of them in a single shipment..
So this makes it a very very neat and quiet 'little' psu for any class -A and Class-AB amplifier project.

regards
prasi

this is also posted in first post of this thread as Edit 3.