• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB B1 Nutube PCB with integrated PS

Just arrived a few minutes ago :)
Will start packing tomorrow and will contact you for the shipping costs payment. Thanks
SB

Attachments

• IMG_20190315_135201.jpg
    IMG_20190315_135201.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 401
Hi. From reference I got: ''Typical FR-4 PCB will have a Dielectric Strength (or Dielectric Breakdown voltage) in the order of 10s of kilovolts per millimeter''
Therefore, running Line traces on the top layer and Neutral traces on the bottom is fine. As for the clearance, 220Vac = 313Vpk, from pcb safety table for commercial and industrial design (from SMPS design rules), coated external trace (with soldermask), minimum spacing is 0.4mm. I have 0.9mm, which is good for at least 500Vpk. Input varistor limit to max 275Vac, or 388Vpk.
Should be ok.

I agree with you, this is not ideal. I added the ground plane under the SMPS module after one member concern that the module may radiate some RF. Then made an other change for the J113 and forgot to get back to have a closer look to the gnd plane. I agree that ideally the line traces should had been excluded from this zone, my fault...

From what I found on the net, this is not a real concern, but if you're worried, the ground plane is not grounded by default, there is provision to add a small R0805 and cap to gnd under the PCB, don't ground it if you're worried. Also as a corrective action we can always cut the PCB trace and run a short lenght of insulated wire directly to the SMPS module pin, from under the PCB, it won't show from the top.

Personnaly I'll use the board as it is. Sorry again...

Found one error on C203 silkscreen, see picture. One '+' sign is wrong, it is in fact a GND pin. Please make sure to install C203 correctly...

Attachments

• Cap silkscreen error.jpg
    Cap silkscreen error.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 330