Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been like this forever! Sure, there are some cables that are priced way too high, for the materials and labor put into them, BUT people still hear differences between cables, at least MY friends do. But, there was 'patent medicine', radioactive cures, even cereal fetishes over the centuries. Most aggressive advertising has a bit of 'puff' in it, but then there are those who go too far, just to make a buck, and we have to make people aware to these shysters. By the way, what do you do to make a buck, cbcb? Anything controversial? '-)

People have been like this forever! Sure, there are some cables that are priced way too high, for the materials and labor put into them, BUT people still hear differences between cables, at least MY friends do. But, there was 'patent medicine', radioactive cures, even cereal fetishes over the centuries. Most aggressive advertising has a bit of 'puff' in it, but then there are those who go too far, just to make a buck, and we have to make people aware to these shysters. By the way, what do you do to make a buck, cbcb? Anything controversial? '-)
Blind test...... blind test ;);):D

Lunatic Fringe

Even better than directional cables, this lights them up, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200622_131533_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200622_131533_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 354
Yet another one that proponents swear up & down, "I can hear the difference, really"...but when pressed, they seem to scurry away & disappear like cockroaches.
Cryrogenics, useful for steel products, making them last longer, edges retaining longer...not" creating a better soundstage" for audio...BTW, what is somebody gonna do, dip their prize $$$ collector-grade Western Electric 300B in liquid nitrogen?
404 - Take Five Audio - Canada's Online Source For DIY Audio, Parts and Accessories

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick.....

I like spending money

Hello all,

I always try to find ways of not spending money.

Cheers
But spending money is essential to good listening. I spend mine all too often .....

On expanding my music collection
On wine and snacks to enjoy while I'm listening
On going to live shows, not currently unfortunately:(
On maintaining my equipment (also rebuilding/renovating my old equipment when necessary)
On quite a few projects for the hell of it
Some years ago for a few new cartridges - not terribly expensive but recognised quality ones
A few good quality tonearms to match my various turntables
For a stacked set of ESL 63s and Thorens 124 et al (I'm hooked on ESLs)
This all over the last 40 years
Dang this is an expensive hobby!

Hello F and E,

I made a 3886 about 3 years ago real minimalist like Mr Sakura who sells them for $7.500 (with a 3875in) expensive for me though had to buy two transformers.

Recently I bought a 12v 8.5 Amp SMPS for £7.80 and a TPA3116D2 for £8.53 some mods for about £15. No hiss, no pops, no hum, detailed, fast and bright. Just like a proper Williamson.

Cheers - Jem

Status
Not open for further replies.