Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Blather

Synergistic Research found its way to my Facebook feed, and are hocking a power conditioner that is subjectively better than anything else, no measurements given.
Your amps will sound faster than if plugged into the wall, because they use "no" capacitors , resistors, inductors, or chokes in it.
In the comments section, they say your amp will sound faster than being fed from a 100,000uF bank of capacitors, because an amp will need power faster than a capacitor can discharge it.
When the question of how this speeds up a component's internal power supply capacitors came up, they replied they didn't want to get into a whole back and forth thing.
But isn't that exactly what an ac conditioner is all about?
I looked at one of their photos, and I'm sure I can see capacitors, and resistors in it.
And if those aren't isolation transformers under the cans, they're probably where they keep the snake oil.
The carbon fiber look graphene looks pretty though.

Attachments

• 002_447142e3-1288-4ade-b0a3-f28be49f6406_2048x2048.jpg
    002_447142e3-1288-4ade-b0a3-f28be49f6406_2048x2048.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 350
Actually if you consider potential loop areas it may have a benefit just from everything being together!

Now how about this Proof | Analysis Plus . Some good spin around what is either a cost saving measure from NASA or someone wanting free samples for home. It's not lying, but speakers and lasers are somewhat different.

Interesting, though all the information is already known and by the looks of it taken from high power high dI/dt information twisted for audiophile consumption, if your system has to worry about these sort of things then either you are listening at very high power of you are a bat and playing bat songs and other high frequency noise..
The flat cable thing is nothing new, generally called bus bars or bus bar routing when done on PCBs, low impedance high capacitance common in power distribution and when doing high power supplies.
Oh feeling crap... been on morphine for a few days so feeling a bit fuzzy round the edges... more holes in me than a sieve, didn't know they gave you complimentary intra muscular jabs to combat the nausea from the morphine, cant beleive some take these sort of things for fun!!!!:D

Off it now, back on paracetamol, weird feeling like living in a dream world drifting in and out of a sort of half sleep, was told I would say a sentence drift off for a while then go back to the conversation!, luckily I was laid in bed (with a catheter LOL also free Jacco)...
Not for me, paracetamol and Tena for men is more preferable:)
Cheers Bill.

Off it now, back on paracetamol, weird feeling like living in a dream world drifting in and out of a sort of half sleep, was told I would say a sentence drift off for a while then go back to the conversation!, luckily I was laid in bed (with a catheter LOL also free Jacco)...
Not for me, paracetamol and Tena for men is more preferable:)
Cheers Bill.
Wishing you well there. Had my shoulder redone 3 years ago understand what is happening to you . God speed and a fast recovery. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.