Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume he can stomach the copper on a PCB, the metal in the components etc... Metal does have some use in electronics I believe::D

Does make me wonder how many audio components are compliant with the various standards, both EMC based and others?

SRs black box, beaten by their HF transducers I would say.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I presume he can stomach the copper on a PCB, the metal in the components etc... Metal does have some use in electronics I believe::D

Minimal tracks, 3D wiring, Thick Alumina insulators on the power devices to prevent interaction with the heatsink. It's every audio madness to the nth degree. You should look at his rca connectors

Next step: all conducting polymer, no metal
Didn't AJ VdH try that some years ago in combination with carbon fibre for maximum buzzword bingo?

Didn't AJ VdH try that some years ago in combination with carbon fibre for maximum buzzword bingo?

Yes. I did it some years before that, just for a laugh, but never thought about selling to gullible audiophiles. I also made interconnects and passive circuits from conducting polymers, even got a patent on it, but ditto- I was thinking about honest applications.

Next step: all conducting polymer, no metal. Charge transport by solitons and polarons, not electrons. I am available for a reasonable consulting fee. :D

Combined with 3D printing of electronics it will be interesting and fun...
Mass produced 3D printed electronics | Printed Electronics World

A quick search for conductive polymers was interesting...
Clevios? Conductive, Transparent and Flexible Polymers
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/local/organic/tutorial/steinke/4yrPolyConduct2003.pdf
Some interesting patents:)
5,302,936 Conductive particulate force transducer
4,798,685 Production of base-type conducting polymers

Cool, luckily I can already use 3D software so doing true 3D PCB design and assembly is something I am looking forward to, the advantages for integration with the enclosure etc. are limitless.

Of course then we will have to discuss the minutiae of the polymers and their effect on the sound....

:D

Last edited:
I was more thinking of a Big Macrack quarter pounder, shipped by surface mail from Curaçao, to your home or business adress is up to you.
Any US customs issues is also your problem.

The island is at 150 miles off the coast of Colombia, one would almost think market price level of consumer goods and distance to manufacturers are linear intertwined.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
There was a program on last night on the Shostakovich's 'leningrad' Symphony and a performance during the seige. Shostakovich's symphony played by a starving orchestra - BBC News .

oboist Ksenia Matus. "When we began rehearsals for the performance, I had to take my oboe to be repaired," she recalled years later. "I went back to collect it and asked how much I owed. The repairman said "just bring me a pussycat". He said he preferred their meat to chicken."

Status
Not open for further replies.